I Hate Cisco!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Cisco!!!

proguncali
12-01-2004, 22:59
I just needed to share that!

I hate their web site and support and did I mention the web site.

It is the biggest piece of crap I have ever searched! The login is crap, the search function is crap, it's ALL CRAP!!!!

I've been in IT since 98. I've configured countless Cisco products. But on the off chance I can't figure something out...;g

It's like they made everything crap so you HAVE to buy a service contract!

F'n bastards!!!!!

:soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap:

I'm not sure I feel better now, but...it's crap!

Wulfenite
12-01-2004, 23:39
Maybe you can bend up a coat hangar to help you get your panties un bunched. ;)

NetNinja
12-02-2004, 00:09
I agree 100%.

Thier website is so freaking cryptic.

And you better read the manual throughly and search every tidbit on the net before you upgrade anything. There are always the gotchas that Screw **** up.

Always make backups of your configs before upgrading any Cisco IOS.

What you need to do is become a CCIE.

Another site thats a waste of pure crap is Computer Associates
Another is Exabyte

3com used to be confusing as Hell but they have cleaned up thier act

Dell is also a POS

Compaq/HP has screwed up a mustard sandwich and trying to find older drivers is like a freaking treasure hunt.

It's really simple put a link on the home page that says

DOWNLOADS!

and a search feature that will find everything they ever produced.
You think these tech companys would have this crap figured out.

The best place for Cisco support is www.experts-exchange.com. There is a CiscoNinja on there called lrmoore who knows his shizat!

Good Luck.

HerrGlock
12-02-2004, 06:05
http://groups.google.com

It use to be dejanews. The best help desk on the planet if you can sort through it. ;f

DanH

Toyman
12-02-2004, 06:28
Now wait a minute, I thought Microsoft was the only company people hated? :) ;Q

fastvfr
12-02-2004, 10:22
Oh, no sir.

There is a LOT of this sort of thing floating around...Symantec sells flawed code for a premium, and then wants you to pay them $40.00 more with your Credit Card for the privilege of speaking to one of their 'techs' about fixing it...which is the same thing that M$ does, o/c.

As America becomes more fully controlled by multinational Corporations, history has shown that this sort of abuse will increase dramatically.

Hence all the Offshoring of call centers. They pay thoise people pennies; why worry if they are overworked and burnt out?

Sorry to say, but instead of having a few companies hold themselves above that sort of thing, their bean-counters can see the profits the other corporations are reaping. And they will always use that as an impetus to urge the Shareholders to push for similar policies to reap the same rewards...that, or the company will fold. It is as simple as that.

So instead of having some good products released by excellent, ethical 'flash-in-the-pan' manufacturers, large butt-sucking corporations buy them up in mergers and then offer cheaper, more shoddy products 'backed' by lousy support (and let's not forget the shady, unethical charges for supporting their flawed wares).

That way the playing field stays level, as far as the different products available goes...but it is always tipped in their favor.

Might makes right.

proguncali
12-02-2004, 11:06
Originally posted by Toyman
Now wait a minute, I thought Microsoft was the only company people hated? :) ;Q

NOPE!

Since I'm pissing and moaning I'll share my Novel/SuSE hatred as well.

They send me a developers kit since I own an IT company. I'm sure anyone can get it....anyway.

I install SuSE enterprise server on a test box and then go to get the updates. It won't get them without a username and password that you have to register for, then it asks for your product key that you had to buy...

I called and pitched a SH!!!!t fit and told them they would never get any reccomendation out of my company for any of their crap!

Especialy when Debian is FREE!!!

Hey Wolf....thanks for the tip...I'll try that later..;) ;f

Wulfenite
12-02-2004, 12:32
Originally posted by proguncali
[B
Hey Wolf....thanks for the tip...I'll try that later..;) ;f [/B]

No problem. BTW, How do you feel about COSCO?