First bow buck [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : First bow buck

hendrick
12-02-2004, 13:47
this is my first buck with the bow. I have shot many bucks with a rifle and several does with my bow but haven't bagged a buck bowhunting until this year. I'm very pleased and now I can't wait till next season. Happy hunting.

ReverendGlock
12-02-2004, 14:23
Congrats on a nice buck. I am 26 and have yet to get a buck with my bow, mostly by choice though. I'm waiting for that BIG ONE.

ithaca_deerslayer
12-02-2004, 14:33
Nice buck.

Details on the shoot?

RJ Schuknecht
12-02-2004, 15:34
Dandy buck hendrick. Congratulations.

hendrick
12-02-2004, 17:13
Thanks guys! I shot him on Nov. 14th during the peak of the rut around here (southeast Wisconsin). I saw bucks in the morning, at noon and in the afternoon, including a massive 10 pointer but didn't get a shot until this one showed up. He was headed away from my stand but two grunts on my grunt call turned him right at me. An easy 15 yard broadside shot did him in. There was a smaller buck with him and after I shot the 8 pointer, the smaller buck just stared in my direction and then went along like nothing happened. Man, I love the rut!

ithaca_deerslayer
12-03-2004, 08:44
Originally posted by hendrick
He was headed away from my stand but two grunts on my grunt call turned him right at me. An easy 15 yard broadside shot did him in.

Ah, the old grunt call. Good work. The difficulty I have with that sometimes is that they come straight back to me and the broadside isn't presented, then they get too close and smarten up quick and are off.

I like to hunt from the ground a lot. Nothing like grunting a buck directly toward you. He's looking for something, and you are the something he's gonna find!