GTA San Andreas for PC? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GTA San Andreas for PC?

IndyGunFreak
12-04-2004, 18:32
Anyone know if(when) it will be out on PC? I want to play this game, but I don't want a Playstation(I'm pretty happy with my XBox)....

I did a Google search, but all I came back with was some teenage blabbing on a message board..

Thanks
IGF

Glockman67
12-05-2004, 00:05
If Vice City is any indication, GTA:SA should be out for the PC sometime in the spring.

gman67

fastvfr
12-05-2004, 15:22
I heard Sony made a deal with the game studio where they would release it only for the PS2 and give it six months of GTA:SA monopoly before releasing the PC version.

On one hand, that sux....but it does mean that OUR version will be more polished.

IndyGunFreak
12-05-2004, 17:36
I'd prefer playing it on XBox, but seeing how long it took GTA III/Vice City to come out on XBox, I'm not gonna hold my breath. I had both on the PC long before they came out on XB.

Thanks
IGF

Glockman67
12-22-2004, 11:54
From pc.ign.com:

GTA: San Andreas Hits PC
Confirmed: Get ready for the hip-hop-heavy action-adventure on your PC.
By Douglass C. Perry

December 16, 2004 - Rockstar Games let the good news fly today, announcing that its mega-hit Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will arrive on Xbox and PC on June 7 in North America. Euro-gamers will receive the fifth game in the series June 10, 2005.

Following Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City in this generation of console systems, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas takes place in the fictitious city of San Andreas and enables players to explore cities much like LA, Las Vegas and San Francisco, all of which take place in real estate that's approximately five times bigger than the landscape found in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

The game follows the African-American Carl Johnson, who escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas five years ago. Returning to his hometown upon his mother's death in the early 1990s, his family has been torn apart. The game introduces a slew of new features including eating food to survive, the freedom to completely customize your character with tattoos, clothing, and haircuts, a brand new vehicle physics engine, and the ability to swim.

If Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is anything like the GTA bundle pack before it, then Xbox and PC gamers should expect no content changes to the gameplay, but they should look forward to higher resolution graphics, and better overall graphic presentation.

gman67

breiss13
01-14-2005, 21:06
This game is so sick i went and purchased a ps2 just for this game. Can you say base jumping. You can do everything from parachuting to running your own gang and doing drive bys. Oh also you can swim you dont die when you fall in the water.

AnthonyA7
01-14-2005, 22:22
Ha! I've never owned a PS2 or any other console, but I borrowed a friend's and bought the game the day it came out.

I got 100% on December 4th, with 86 hours of play time.

breiss13
01-14-2005, 22:26
that is good time you must have not messed around much.

IndyGunFreak
01-17-2005, 13:06
Originally posted by breiss13
that is good time you must have not messed around much.

Thats an understatement.. :)

Frankly, I rented a PS2 when I was desperate to play GTA, and I just didn't care for it(the system, not the game). I'll wait till June and get it for my XBox.

It does look like a really cool game though...

IGF