Locking a program in full screen, keeping everything else away? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Locking a program in full screen, keeping everything else away?

ToyotaMan
12-05-2004, 14:55
I've got a touch screen computer that I'm going to be using as a time clock interface for a small business. It runs Windows 2000.

My time clock program runs full screen, but I want to lock it in that position so that the rest of the computer cannot be accessed by pushing (shift + tab).

Any ideas on how to do this?

I can close the program myself when it is in full screen by using a password. I just don't want anyone else to be able to do it.

fastvfr
12-05-2004, 15:01
What's the name of the timeclock app?

Who made it?

Their website would be the first place to start searching, I believe.

Good luck!

Glock Bob
12-06-2004, 20:36
The Kodak Digital Picture Maker actually does what you want to do. After Win 2k Pro boots up the main application starts up (from the startup folder) and goes full-screen (all the way, no Start bar or anything). The app has a password lock to exit. You can shut the app down before it loads (a DOS window pops up first) and use the computer as a pc, but without a password you can't exit out of the main program. The keyboard and mouse are stored out of customer access. Someone with the right software (like me) might be able to edit the program to not display the close box (X), if there is one.

12-06-2004, 20:55
Maybe something like this?
http://www.thescarms.com/vbasic/StopReBoot.asp

Have to function test it first before deployment.