Why doesn't Hotmail have a "Mark as read" option???!?!? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Hotmail have a "Mark as read" option???!?!?

WolfmanGK
12-06-2004, 11:11
Or, am I just missing it? I don't want to have to go through 300 emails individually to read them when I already know what is in them. Receipts for payments, etc. I mean come on, this is common sense.

bobby_w
12-06-2004, 12:43
I always thought that Hotmail's button "Mark as Unread" could just as easy have been "Mark as Read". Like you I have a couple of hundred unread messages in my Inbox also.

WolfmanGK
12-06-2004, 13:09
Think of all the bandwidth they could save if they had that button. I think it might be another scam to get you to pay for service.

"And now with MSN Extra you have the "Mark as read" button! Yay! Just $x.xx a minute!". Given how slow Hotmail is I would really hope they would get a clue and create that button.

fastvfr
12-06-2004, 14:51
Originally posted by WolfmanGK
"And now with MSN Extra you have the "Mark as read" button! Yay! Just $x.xx a minute!". Given how slow Hotmail is I would really hope they would get a clue and create that button.

Given how sucky most stock M$ products are, I would really hope that fewer people would refuse to use them.

This isn't a flame, Wolfie, but think of how much less frustration there would be in the world if it wasn't allowed to be ruled by the God Almighty Dollar.

That's Why Open Source Is Your Friend!!

And even Yahoo or IGN are far better than that Passport POS 'Hot'mail. It came by its name honestly, too; 90% of the virused PC's I get called in to clean have a Hotmail account all set up.

Which is almost always how the viruses found a way to come into the machine.

NetNinja
12-06-2004, 16:02
What do you expect for free?

I have 5 email accounts with different providers that includes a company email account and business account.

I use Hotmail for dooky head things like registering for free software and subscribbing to forums and such.

I have never downloaded a virus from Hotmail.

10 Ring Tao
12-08-2004, 10:54
Probably because hotmail is a steaming pile. I harrass my parents all the time to get a yahoo or gmail account. Hotmail was a leader in free web based email, but has been surpassed by pretty much everything that has come along since.