PC Card Adapter [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : PC Card Adapter

Wulfenite
12-07-2004, 17:33
I've got an extra WiFi PC card. Is there anyway to adapt it so that I can use it to put my xbox onto the wireless network.

It would basically be some sort of box that would have a slot for a pc card and a ethernet plug..... maybe a powerplug too.

fastvfr
12-07-2004, 21:07
Open your XBox. See any PCI slots?!

Wulfenite
12-07-2004, 21:53
I know the xbox doesnt have a PCI slot.... what I'm wondering is does there exist a dongle that has a PCI slot on one end and a eithernet plug on the other. I know they make a WIFI radio that plugs into the eithernet on the xbox. But I dont have one of those, I have a PC card WIFI radio. I'm just trying to use what I've got to put my xbox on the network.

fastvfr
12-09-2004, 00:34
Oh. Gotcha.

Well, I'd guess that the adapter cable/housing itself would be a big paercentage of the cost...a WL card can be had for under $40.

Have you checked the sites that sell the full XBox WL product to see if they also sell a kit w/o the radio card?

Toyman
12-09-2004, 06:14
I don't think there is an adapter like you want, but there is this:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/xboxwirelessadapter.htm

You can also search for a Wireless Bridge, that would convert a wired device (XBox) to wireless.

Wulfenite
12-09-2004, 08:22
Yeah, I knew about the xbox product. I just figured internally it was the same as what I had. I also through thay maybe somebody had devised an adapter to use a PCI card on a machine that doesnt have a PCI slot. Guess not. Thanks anyway.