FireFox Switch Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : FireFox Switch Question

Gecko10
12-08-2004, 08:06
I've about had it with IE, two hijacks in the last 30 days. Before I switch to FireFox I've got a couple of questions.

Any know compatibility issues with Norton Internet Security 2005?

Any known compatibility issues with OutLook Express? I may go to Thunderbird later.

Will I be able to switch back and forth (at least initially) between FireFox and IE?

I'm running XP, HE +SP2

I did a search and browsed the net for answers to these particular questions, but didn't come up with any.

Thanks guys!!

Sinister Angel
12-08-2004, 08:52
Originally posted by Gecko10
I've about had it with IE, two hijacks in the last 30 days. Before I switch to FireFox I've got a couple of questions.

Any know compatibility issues with Norton Internet Security 2005?

Any known compatibility issues with OutLook Express? I may go to Thunderbird later.

Will I be able to switch back and forth (at least initially) between FireFox and IE?

I'm running XP, HE +SP2

I did a search and browsed the net for answers to these particular questions, but didn't come up with any.

Thanks guys!!

Compatability with NIS in terms of what? I run NIS and I have no problems with mozilla.

If OE is set up as the default mail program, clicking on a mail link should bring it up, just like in IE (Get T-bird or the full mozilla suite though ;f)

Of course you can go back and forth. Why wouldn't you be able to?

Any other questions? :)

Gecko10
12-08-2004, 09:37
Originally posted by Sinister Angel
Compatability with NIS in terms of what? I run NIS and I have no problems with mozilla.

If OE is set up as the default mail program, clicking on a mail link should bring it up, just like in IE (Get T-bird or the full mozilla suite though ;f)

Of course you can go back and forth. Why wouldn't you be able to?

Any other questions? :)

Not right now, but I'm sure I will have after the install. ;)

Sinister Angel
12-08-2004, 09:38
Originally posted by Gecko10
Not right now, but I'm sure I will have after the install. ;)

It's all good. :)

Maybe later today I'll get around to doing a quick writeup on how to back up mail and bookmarks and ****.