Stay safe out in the great outdoors... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Stay safe out in the great outdoors...

ClydeG19
12-08-2004, 22:16
This morning I had the "pleasure" to respond to an incident where an uncle shot his 15 year old nephew in the arm and leg. The single shot is believed to be accidental. We ended up lifeflighting him to the hospital. I'll spare you all the gory details.

The bottom line is to be sure of what you are shooting at and what is behind it. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but a second of carelessness can have life altering results.^9

c10bonanza
12-08-2004, 23:35
Amen!

ucsdryder
12-09-2004, 16:17
EVERYONE NEEDS TO STOPPING ACCIDENTALLY SHOOTING EACHOTHER!!!:soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap:

GM

lomfs24
12-10-2004, 22:18
Up here in Montana this year a guy ( an out of stater ) shot his hunting guide as he was coming back to pick him up at the end of the day. The guide was on a horse riding up to get him. They guy claimed that he thought the guide, on horseback, was a pack of wolves and shot him. ;Q

Anyway, long story short. The guide lived and the guy paid all his medical bills, probably plus some.

lomfs24
12-10-2004, 22:22
Oooops forgot the link to that story above.

http://www.bozemanchronicle.com/articles/2004/10/30/news/guide.txt

TJC
12-11-2004, 08:51
Originally posted by lomfs24
They guy claimed that he thought the guide, on horseback, was a pack of wolves and shot him.

I've never seen a pack of wolves in the wild but I do know what a man on a horse looks like. Damn, they ain't even close. The horse doesn't even look like a wolf for cryin out loud.
Some people should not be allowed to enter the woods with firearms. :steamed:

lomfs24
12-11-2004, 09:57
Originally posted by TJC
Some people should not be allowed to enter the woods with firearms. :steamed:

As much as I like the outdoors and as much as I like to hunt, this is the exact reason why I don't. There are a lot of people who should not have a gun and even more who should not be turned loose in the woods with a gun. As a guide it is your job to take those people out in the woods.

You would be surprised how many guys show up at hunting camp to go hunting the next morning and begin taking their brand new rifle out of the box and start putting a scope on it.

I just couldn't do it.

BlackBelt
12-13-2004, 07:05
I'm out deer hunting last week, and this guy comes walking through the woods in his mossy oak camo, with absolutely no blaze orange on whatsoever. My state has a 500 square inch requirement of blaze orange on when rifle hunting (hat and vest).
I watched this idiot go by (he never saw me-and I was wearing my blaze orange), and I thought it's just a matter of time before someone takes a shot at him.
What a moron...

noway
12-13-2004, 07:55
{and I thought it's just a matter of time before someone takes a shot at him.
What a moron...}

just a thought, and the person that would take a shot at him would be a moron for not properly identifing the target

Dogbite
12-13-2004, 16:58
Safety can never be hammered home too much!!!