When I check my Yahoo! E-mail with Firefox 1.0 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : When I check my Yahoo! E-mail with Firefox 1.0

G22-Joe
12-10-2004, 11:37
I get this realy depleated looking page, were half the items do not work, nor can I compose or move mail.

It comes and goes, and tends to stay for long periods of time. I reboot, and even reset my internet connection with no remedy in site, except luck of the draw.

Here are my stats.
Mozilla Firefox 1.0 (it has done this since I first started with .8)
Windows 2k latest Sp and all updates.
1.7Ghz Celeron
512MB RAM
320GB Hardrive

Explorer works, and so does Avant browser with no issues, it just seems to be my Firefox. I like Firefox, as I also run Linux most of the time.

I have not installed any new programs, just virus updates and the like. This has been going on for several months now, and even when I re-imaged, and run bare, it still happens, yet only with Yahoo.

Any information would be appreciated.

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/41b0efa8_8250/bc/Pictures/Firefox+with+Yahoo!+Mail.jpg?bfS8euBBfT7BWptc

hapuna
12-10-2004, 12:13
I use it without any problems so not sure what your situation is. Is it a popup blocker issue perhaps???:)

G22-Joe
12-10-2004, 12:19
No it is not a pop-up blocker, I do not have one installed, and I have went through and checked and unchecked every option I could, and it still does it.

AggieMM
12-10-2004, 12:27
On yahoo email, I too see this problem, but a "reload" of the page usually solves it for me. I haven't noticed any bad effects, just that some of the graphics don't seem to load properly.

Ryan

G22-Joe
12-10-2004, 12:32
Reload do not work for me either. Not only do the graphics load crappy, but I cannot even get into mail at times, let alone folders and such.

I know my graphics card is not the issue, as I mentioned above, the buttons and links will not work, only in Yahoo mail, all the Briefcase, My Yahoo! and others work without issue.

hwyhobo
12-10-2004, 12:46
I've been using Firefox and Yahoo for a long time, throughout releases. Never a problem, so it is something that should be correctable.

hapuna
12-10-2004, 13:28
Originally posted by G22-Joe
No it is not a pop-up blocker, I do not have one installed, and I have went through and checked and unchecked every option I could, and it still does it.

The popup blocker I'm' referring to is in Firefox. What are your settings?

Washington,D.C.
12-10-2004, 13:36
I've had that happen once or twice in Yahoo on Firefox.Like half of the pictures/graphics are missing.That was on my Windows 98SE PC.I can normally restart Firefox and it clears up.

G22-Joe
12-10-2004, 14:33
I know you ment the Pop-up blocker in Firefox, I have it turned off for now, it does not help. Even if I reset all the settings to defaul it does not help. What is weird is that it only does this to the first acount that I open, and not the next one, until about an hour later, then it does it.

I have the most recent version of Java, Flash, all the updates for windows.

I would run Linux all day, like I like to, but all the "company" stuff has to be done with their VPN and it only accepts Win2k. Even when I am not on VPN this issue still happens.

hapuna
12-10-2004, 17:14
No clue dude...did you check the bug list.:)