What is the Best AntiVirus Program [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What is the Best AntiVirus Program

Hawk11
12-12-2004, 10:47
Wanting to know what you folks recommend for AnitVirus? I have used Norton for years, but have been hearing bad things about it lately. Any thougts to better AntiVirus?

Melete
12-12-2004, 10:59
Originally posted by Hawk11
Wanting to know what you folks recommend for AnitVirus? I have used Norton for years, but have been hearing bad things about it lately. Any thougts to better AntiVirus?

I still stand by Norton. I actually use Sophos, but only because my company provides it for free -- we went with the lowest bidder :( -- and as a systems programmer, it helps to use what you support :-)

But I'd stay with Norton -- no AV is flawless, but it's one of the best.

RaiderRodney
12-12-2004, 14:58
I really like AVG from Grisoft myself. I have used it for over 2 years now...maybe 3 and have never had one slip up. And yes, I download a lot of stuff.

Norton and McAfee get all the glory due to all the advertsiing dollars and sponsership...AVG just keeps working :)

NetNinja
12-12-2004, 18:06
Please do a search on this topic. This was just discussed last week and last month.

CranialCrusader
12-12-2004, 21:03
Originally posted by RaiderRodney
AVG just keeps working :)

I believed that for a long time too... Not any more

The only way is to go to Linux

CranialCrusader

12-12-2004, 22:09
Best method is to use a program thats free, and one that only runs when you need to scan so its not hogging system resources the other 99.9% of the time. I use AVG.

mossy500camo
12-13-2004, 00:49
I was using Norton Internet Security until SAT. Night. I was ripping a cd and attempted to burn a copy of the cd. When all of a sudden everything went heywire. My internet security was completely wiped out and will not reinstall. That SUCKs! I now have AVG antivirus and Kerio firewall. My Pc is still infected with 4 trojans that will not delete or heal. I have them in the AVG Vault.:(

Zoolander
12-13-2004, 02:33
Yeah. I need a new Antivirus program too. I've been using Norton 2003 but it's a resource hog and NAV 2004 and 2005 may be too difficult to remove in the future? I am not about to reinstall windows or reformat my harddrive just to lose all my data.

There has to be some links to a comparison of all the Antivirus programs out there. Maybe consumer reports?

Ahhh.