What does it mean to renew Zone Alarm Pro? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What does it mean to renew Zone Alarm Pro?

SanduneCC
12-14-2004, 00:28
I bought Zone Alarm Pro 4 over a year ago for $49. It's asking me to "renew" for $39 a year. What exactly is renewing? What am I getting/not getting with a renewal? I'm looking at ZA active on my computer right now, what do I need to renew for?

Washington,D.C.
12-14-2004, 00:33
The paid version includes detailed info about stopped threats.The non paid version stops the same threats it just doesn't tell you who is trying to access your PC.I guess you must pay to update the paid version too.

Washington,D.C.
12-14-2004, 00:36
I think people have fewer problems with version 4 or 4.5 than version 5.Although version 5 seems to work for most people.There has been many updates for it lately.

SanduneCC
12-14-2004, 00:57
Originally posted by Washington,D.C.
The paid version includes detailed info about stopped threats.

... and they want $39 a year for that? I'm getting ready to rebuild the hard disk on my main computer right now. ZA didn't stop these viruses that hijacked my homepage and taskbar.

Washington,D.C.
12-14-2004, 01:00
I take it you mean the firewall not Zone Alarm anti-virus.I use the free version of Zone Alarm.The trial version of Zone Alarm Pro gives all of the paid features for a few weeks then it's the same as the free version.

SanduneCC
12-14-2004, 09:00
Yes, I'm talking about the firewall. Why would one need "updates" with a firewall? Isn't that for antivirus applications?

Washington,D.C.
12-14-2004, 09:24
There has been some updates to firewalls to make certain ports more secure.The main updates these days would be to work with Windows XP service pack 2.I have one PC with Windows 98 ans Zone Alarm 3.7 wouldn't work with it so I had to go back to Zone Alarm 2.6.That's what it still has and it checks fairly secure.A router helps security a lot.Even if you don't have more than one PC,a router would make your PC much more secure.

SanduneCC
12-18-2004, 18:55
I just got ZA 5.5 Free and gonna call it good. Have Norton AV Corporate Edition for free already. Just rebuilt my hard disk and will use Mozilla products.