mp3 ringtones for motorola - help? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : mp3 ringtones for motorola - help?

Deanster
12-14-2004, 23:38
Hi gang - I'm a new Motorola V3 Razr owner (woohoo! I got it super cheap, too), and it does mp3 ringtones. In theory, I can use mp3 clips and have a totally customized experience.

I had no problem making a clip, getting it shrunk down (using Amadeus II for Mac OS X) and transferring it to the phone via Bluetooth file transfer, and it even shows that it's an audio file when it downloads, but once it's transferred, the phone says 'file format not recognized' and when it tries to play the file, I just get silence.

I've saved it as an 8kbps mp3 file, no tags, and I've tried it with the vbr_rh, vbr_abr and vbr_mtrh algorithms, with and without 'strict ISO compliance' set, and get the same result.

Anyone know how to save an mp3 file so a motorola phone can read it?

troyboy30
12-15-2004, 11:19
are you suing the phone tools software to make the ringtone? I have been wanting to order the bluetooth version but it has been out of stock. try sending your question to...

http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/faq.html

They have helped me with several issues with my razor, except for email setup where they transfered me to cingular. Fixing to try that resolution now.

Let me know what you find out please. This is the whole reason I wanted the phone tools software.

pal2511
12-17-2004, 10:08
Here are the bit rates you are supposed to have on a v400 I would assume its the same for the razor.

MPEG Layer-3 32 kBit/s, 24,000 Hz, Mono is the setting I use when I make my mp3s.

Hope that works

Deanster
12-17-2004, 20:51
Thanks - I had the Hz wrong... 22.1Khz is the correct setting...

the Razr has STEREO speakers, my friend...

;P ;f

pal2511
12-18-2004, 08:25
Stereo speakers are kind of useless on a phone. But I would love to have that bluetooth...that will have to be on my next phone that I will get in feb most likely.

troyboy30
12-18-2004, 10:39
the bluetooth works great. i just got my HS850 in and it works great from over 30ft away. People kinda looked at me funny at the mall, but it's nice not having a wire hanging to your phone. Waitin on the bluetooth version of phone tools software to come in. Dean, would you be willing to help me out with the ringtone desing?