Problem with setting up my....... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Problem with setting up my.......

mrdoright04/05
12-15-2004, 20:13
Thunderbird email. It keeps saying that server is not set up correctly. I never used the outlook express. So I may not have it set up at all. What should I do? Please help.

NetNinja
12-15-2004, 20:24
Well, first off who is your internet service provider?

Go to thier website and look for the help section about setting up your POP account. They probably arent going to list Thunderbird so look for the POP account adresses to put into your Thunderbird config file.

fastvfr
12-16-2004, 00:36
Normally it is either 'mail.myisp.com' in both blanks, but sometimes they use 'pop3.mail.myisp.com' and 'smtp.mail.myisp.com'...you just need to check with them.

Oh, and BTW, Port 110 = POP3 (incoming); Port 25 = Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (outgoing) in case you need that.

Glad you made the switch!

Gecko10
12-16-2004, 05:30
Try going here with your TB question. They helped me a lot getting started with FF.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/

And here:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.phtml?title=Thunderbird_:_FAQs_:_Getting_Started

gwalchmai
12-16-2004, 14:50
Thunderbird and Firefox are the greatest things since sliced bread. What's your email address, DooRight? Just the part after the "@" if you want, and we can tell you how to fix it.

mrdoright04/05
12-16-2004, 17:42
Originally posted by gwalchmai
Thunderbird and Firefox are the greatest things since sliced bread. What's your email address, DooRight? Just the part after the "@" if you want, and we can tell you how to fix it.

@charter.net

gwalchmai
12-16-2004, 19:22
Here is a link (http://support2.charter.com/support/asp/contentredirect.asp) that shows howto setup Outlook Express for charter.net. Can you see how to apply this info to T-Bird? I can help if you have questions.

Washington,D.C.
12-16-2004, 21:07
That charter net link works only for signed in members.You might want to copy and paste the instructions here but I think he is using Yahoo mail which I'm not sure will work with Thunderbird.

gwalchmai
12-17-2004, 07:27
I asked Charter. Here is their reply.Thank you for utilizing our email system for support help. We are sorry if you are having problems and are very willing to assist you in any way we can. We are available 24 hours a day and please feel free to email us with a problem any time. Feel free to also use our new Chat Feature at support.charter.com. Our chat tech's will be able to help you with member services and password reset issues.

Not for Thunderbird but I can give you the settings.

our type of server is a pop3 server

incoming mail = pop.charter.net

outgoing mail = smtp.charter.net

We hoped we have helped you and please do not hesitate to email
us back with any questions or issues you may have. Remember you
can go to support.charter.com for support help. We are also available
thru our new Chat Service that is available from 8am to 10pm Eastern
Standard Time. Thanks for allowing us to assist you.