Meet Junior!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Meet Junior!!

shawnster
12-15-2004, 21:16
Junior is a 6 month old Ball Python. When I got him he was about 17 inches long and big around as your thumb. Now he's 26 inches long and big as a good size lemon. He enjoys hiding out for days in his "hide outs", eating, and nice warm baths.

http://members.cox.net/shawnster8/Junior/HPIM0406.JPG

fastvfr
12-17-2004, 02:46
That's a beautiful reptile you have there, Shawnster!

Snicks like Ball Pythons get pretty big, don't they? Or was that the redtail boa that gets out of hand and consumes its owner after a few years?!^4

shawnster
12-17-2004, 07:13
Originally posted by fastvfr
That's a beautiful reptile you have there, Shawnster!

Snicks like Ball Pythons get pretty big, don't they? Or was that the redtail boa that gets out of hand and consumes its owner after a few years?!^4

Thanks, the Ball gets between 3 and 5 foot full grown, but they get really thick. They'll get the size of a 12oz soda can or around that size. The Redtail Boa will get longer than that at around 10 foot or so. Now the Burmese Python is one that can get over 20 feet, usually those are the ones that you hear about killing the owners or the snake found abandoned somewhere cause the owner got them as a baby then they've grown to big to take care of. They're cute then they're small but they DO GROW UP!!! IMHO Ball Python's are the perfect snake for a pet. They're very calm. The Burms are cool looking but I'd never have one as a pet, they just get too big.

Shawn

MrsKitty
12-17-2004, 08:26
shawnster,

Is that pothos in the tank fake? If not, is it safe for a snake? It is posionous ;)

That is a pretty snake!

Slobberchops
12-17-2004, 21:54
^3

shawnster
12-17-2004, 23:23
Originally posted by misskitty5077
shawnster,

Is that pothos in the tank fake? If not, is it safe for a snake? It is posionous ;)

That is a pretty snake!

All the things in the tank are fake except the snake of course. I got the plant thingy's at walmart in fake plant section. Is what poisonous, the snake or plants?? Anyway, nothing in there is poisonous, so I answered you question anyway. I grew up around snakes, my dad had a career that he was always in the woods and he would catch them all the time and bring them home. He would teach me how to handle them and all the different kinds, which ones was poisonous and which one's was not, so I always was pretty comfortable around them. Now my wife is a different story. She had a fit when I brought him home and didn't want to do anything with him, not even look at him. Now she'll hold him while I clean his tank.;f

MrsKitty
12-17-2004, 23:40
Pothos is posionous, not the snake :)

Just wanted to make sure in case snakes eat plants too! ;P