I wonder.......... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I wonder..........

Bogey
12-15-2004, 22:10
why they put Women's Issues in the miscellany category?

Care to elaborate?

MrsKitty
12-15-2004, 22:41
Dunno...but I have wondered that too #wav

Dead Man's Hand
12-15-2004, 23:47
and does anyone else find it funny that the Betrayed forum is right below the women's forum? ;f

reinbeau
12-16-2004, 03:29
We should have been in the Front Office, I think ;f

And yes, I've noticed the Betrayed folder right below.....

GirlWithGlock
12-16-2004, 07:59
As a newbie, I wondered the same thing. Had to scroll down to the cellar of the board to find the women's forum. ;i

MrMurphy
12-16-2004, 08:31
I figured they should swap O&A with the Women's Forum, but nobody listens to my suggestions.

Made Man
12-16-2004, 11:03
The moderators should look out for the women,since theres not that many on here(lucky to have as many as we do), guess somebodys slackin.

Jaegergirl
12-16-2004, 12:36
funny because i've always wondered the same thing. hmmm......

Made Man
12-16-2004, 16:19
JeagerGirl...wouldn't happen to come from jeagermeister would it?

Jaegergirl
12-16-2004, 18:58
Originally posted by Made Man
JeagerGirl...wouldn't happen to come from jeagermeister would it?

yep, it sure does! ;a ;f ;) ;V

Made Man
12-17-2004, 10:48
it doesnt get much better than that, Jeager, Glocks, and Girls.

MrsKitty
12-17-2004, 10:59
Originally posted by MrMurphy
I figured they should swap O&A with the Women's Forum, but nobody listens to my suggestions.

Do you ever wonder why we don't listen to your suggestions? ;f

Melissa Ann
12-17-2004, 12:43
Perhaps by keeping us way down here in Miscellany, the mods are hoping to keep the riff-raff away... ;)

Bogey
12-17-2004, 20:24
But, being as you're off in a remote area, you could probably post anything you wanted and not get thread locked!!!

;z ;z ;z ;z

Slobberchops
12-20-2004, 00:20
Originally posted by Bogey1155
But, being as you're off in a remote area, you could probably post anything you wanted and not get thread locked!!!

;z ;z ;z ;z

Not true lol

NIBTL (http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=316649)

pete1953
12-20-2004, 01:02
I don't care where this site is located: I make a point to visit it whenever I can get to GT. I just may not post all the time. BTW, I know I owe info on Falls Twp Rife and Pistol. Sorry for the delay. With my health, I haven,'t gotten to go get detailed info for you.

ashley
12-20-2004, 06:40
i personally don't understamd why there is a womens forum at all. never in my life have i seen a message board with a forum just for women. it's more of an insult than anything else to me.

- ashley

Made Man
12-20-2004, 10:36
You posted here this time...I haven't seen you post anywhere else. roll up to General Glocking give us "boys" some good info.

Jeff82
12-20-2004, 10:51
If you look real close, just above "Women's Issues", you'll see a glass ceiling...

;f ;a ;f

Jeff82
12-20-2004, 11:05
Originally posted by ashley
i personally don't understamd why there is a womens forum at all. never in my life have i seen a message board with a forum just for women. it's more of an insult than anything else to me.

- ashley

It's not "Women Only" it's "Women's Issues". As the length and depth of women's issues can be overly broad it would be hard to fit it in to any other category formen, I mean forum.

Also, women who might otherwise not meander through other's less interesting (on the surface) subjects just might find (and get) what they want in a centrally located information depository. This in-turn may not quench the ensuing rising fire and need of inquest. The finale being what we've wanted all along, their wanton perusing of our domain.

reinbeau
12-20-2004, 16:54

- ashley Because it's nice to have a little corner where we can 'chat'. There are lots of little corners in Glock Talk, this one is no different. I can't imagine why anyone would be insulted by it. General Non-Glocking doesn't have a no-women policy, last time I checked, nor do any of the other forums. I like this forum (when it isn't being invaded), but I don't stay here.

ashley
12-21-2004, 05:45
Originally posted by reinbeau
Because it's nice to have a little corner where we can 'chat'. There are lots of little corners in Glock Talk, this one is no different. I can't imagine why anyone would be insulted by it. General Non-Glocking doesn't have a no-women policy, last time I checked, nor do any of the other forums. I like this forum (when it isn't being invaded), but I don't stay here.

don't get me wrong, i understand why others may like the idea, i personally don't feel a need for it (like a lot of other forums here). just my opinion, that's all. i'm just not sure why womens issues should be in here, whether it be womens carry issues (go post in the carry issues forum), women LEO stories (go post in the LEO forum), etc.

on the other hand we can talk about PMS (or menopause, which ever is more relevent) in here :)

- ashley

reinbeau
12-21-2004, 16:27
on the other hand we can talk about PMS (or menopause, which ever is more relevent) in here :)

- ashley How about both at once!!?! ;b ;g ;b Perimenopause, the time of life when you don't know if you're coming or going......

ashley
12-21-2004, 18:52
Originally posted by reinbeau
How about both at once!!?! ;b ;g ;b Perimenopause, the time of life when you don't know if you're coming or going......

good god, i can't wait to hit 45-50! that's when live supposably really begins right? ;g

- ashley

c-mama
12-23-2004, 06:38
don't get me wrong, i understand why others may like the idea, i personally don't feel a need for it (like a lot of other forums here). just my opinion, that's all. i'm just not sure why womens issues should be in here, whether it be womens carry issues (go post in the carry issues forum), women LEO stories (go post in the LEO forum), etc.

- ashley

Ashley, I would use this forum if I wanted to make sure I'd get responses from the women. If you post in GNG or carry issues about purse carry - you are guaranteed to get slammed by some of the men for even thinking of carrying off your body. Only another woman can understand that we don't wear clothing the same as men and can't always carry the same as men. The same goes for carrying smaller guns. It's "safe" to ask questions and such without getting slammed for not going for a certain gun or caliber (think I got slammed one too many times? ;g ) Had it not been for the fact that my hubby is knowledgable, I'd still be working my way out of my shell to post things on GT.

I resect you not feeling a need for this forum - just wanted to give you more insight on why some like it.

Not to mention talking about other things we like without some of the GNG guys getting on our case about it. ;)

Bogey
12-24-2004, 12:23
good god, i can't wait to hit 45-50! that's when live supposably really begins right? ;g

- ashley

Just be prepared to get hit with a pillow from time to time....;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z

Bogey
12-24-2004, 12:27
Originally posted by crochetmama
Ashley, I would use this forum if I wanted to make sure I'd get responses from the women. If you post in GNG or carry issues about purse carry - you are guaranteed to get slammed by some of the men for even thinking of carrying off your body. Only another woman can understand that we don't wear clothing the same as men and can't always carry the same as men. The same goes for carrying smaller guns. It's "safe" to ask questions and such without getting slammed for not going for a certain gun or caliber (think I got slammed one too many times? ;g ) Had it not been for the fact that my hubby is knowledgable, I'd still be working my way out of my shell to post things on GT.

I resect you not feeling a need for this forum - just wanted to give you more insight on why some like it.

Not to mention talking about other things we like without some of the GNG guys getting on our case about it. ;)

Why, Crochetmama, I can't believe you'd talk about the guys over in GNG slamming you. How fair is that of you to post something like this over here where "real" men don't ever come. Come on out in the open and stand up like a man!!!

Oh......sorry.....you be a chicka....

;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z

BTW, great post Deb!!!

c-mama
12-24-2004, 12:31
Hey Bogey, the "real" men do come here.

;)