Neebie needs help!!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Neebie needs help!!!!

HasSpoken
12-15-2004, 22:10
Hello all,

I was wondering if I could use an Ambassadeur (sp) baitcaster 5000 series for both salt and fresh water fishing? I will be doing pier salt water and light fresh water fishing and want a good but cheap baitcaster. Wally World has the Ambassadeur for $60. I will be going quite often (atleast twice a month). I liked fishing as a kid but then stopped once in high school and want to get back into it. Thanks, Tim

Sixgun_Symphony
12-22-2004, 00:56
I am not familiar with the Ambassader.

If money is tight, then you might want to check the local flea markets, garage sales, and pawnshops for used fishing rods & reels.

noway
12-22-2004, 07:31
yeap you can. The ambassador is a work horse fishing reel. Just get a good match line and rod for your type of casting and size of fish. For salt water this reel would work for most inshore fish that you might fish for. Just make sure to wash and rinse the reel out after use.

And I second Wally world has some good prices but basspro also place these on sale once in awhile and some good prices.The last one I bought ran me $35.00 on clearance from Wal-mart.

BlackBelt
12-22-2004, 07:38
Right now BassPro shops are clearing out some of their more expensive reels for CHEAP!!!! I saw a reel there that they have been selling for $150 going for $39.99!!!
Most reels that are freshwater can be used in saltwater, but you MUST rinse them after each use, no exceptions. The only problem I've run into is that occasionally I've hooked saltwater fish that were too big for the reel to handle. I just cut the line when this happens. (hint: carry an accesible sharp one-hand opening pocket knife when fishing in the ocean). You'll know when you get one of those big boys on, because the drag won't hold, and you can feel that you have absolutely no control over the beast at all. Just cut the line.