Industrial/Federal FF's [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Industrial/Federal FF's

Charlie Fox
12-16-2004, 10:58
Any other "non-traditional" FF's out there? I work for a large aircraft manufacturer in the NW. Let's hear it!

obxprnstar
12-16-2004, 12:07
Not me, but I do have a friend that is a FF @ camp victory in Iraq.

PDogSniper
12-16-2004, 12:32
I'm on the fire brigade where I work as a security officer at a Nuke plant.

Not a full fledged FF. I've been to Sarnia, Canada and Illinios for training. Illinois was pretty cool where we did an actuall Flash Over training in a simulator, pretty darn hot...!

Yesterday I did requal in SCBA, overhaul and salvidge work... Also am qualified in foam and electical fires...

I have always respected those from this communtiy but now that I've taken the training that I have I have an even more intense respect for those that do this full time... I fear (respect) this job more so than my security job... Something about putting out a electical fire with a hose and water tends to un-nerve me....;Q

DepChief
12-16-2004, 13:12
Originally posted by PDogSniper
I'm on the fire brigade where I work as a security officer at a Nuke plant.

Not a full fledged FF. I've been to Sarnia, Canada and Illinios for training. Illinois was pretty cool where we did an actuall Flash Over training in a simulator, pretty darn hot...!

Yesterday I did requal in SCBA, overhaul and salvidge work... Also am qualified in foam and electical fires...

I have always respected those from this communtiy but now that I've taken the training that I have I have an even more intense respect for those that do this full time... I fear (respect) this job more so than my security job... Something about putting out a electical fire with a hose and water tends to un-nerve me....;Q

Sorry, Have to disagree! Anyone that would put out an electrical fire with a hose and water in a nuke plant is DEFINETLY a full fledged firefighter!
You have my respect!

ARFFormula
01-06-2005, 21:06
[QUOTE][i]?

DepChief
01-06-2005, 21:35
Originally posted by ARFFormula
I don't understand the tem "Federal" fire fighter?

federal firefighter means that they work for the fed goverment and protect U.S. goverment properties such as military bases.