Can you help me with a workout rutine & supplements? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me with a workout rutine & supplements?

R_Ladies_Man
12-17-2004, 04:15
I want to be able to bench 150lbs in 3 months if possible.

currently I can bench 110 lbs 5x

I can hammer curl 25lbs

i purchased one of those ab wheels because my friend says it works so now I'm going to use it because I had to pay 5.00 for it.

I am 140lbs very slim build but I want to bulk up and maybe get my total weight to 160 lbs.

what supplements or shakes could help me (cheaper is better)

I have a hard time gaining weight.

thanks everyone :)

45acp4me
12-17-2004, 17:05
Wow, the fake poster is branching out!

Leave us alone and read this:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.htm

Now go away!
#wav

Glen

R_Ladies_Man
12-18-2004, 03:33
ah I see this forum is about as useless as most of the forums on glocktalk

younggenious
01-03-2005, 00:38
If you want to gain mass then you must eat like crazy... more than you ever thought you'd have to eat. I'm talking 5-7 meals per day, and stay away from all processed foods and suger. Do not overtrain, get plenty of rest (that is the only time your body grows), drink LOTS of water throughout the day, and lift heavy weights (by heavy I mean you can do 8-10 (no more then 10, no less then 8). But, keep in mind, diet is the most important part to gaining mass. I assume you have an extremely fast metabolism, as do I. I am telling you the only thing that has been working for me.

You also need to increase your intake of high quality fats and Omega-3. For this you should take Cod Liver Oil and Flaxseed Oil. For protein you can take high quality natural meats and whey protein. For carbohydrates take high quality natural grains (brown rice, nutural oatmeal) and dense fruits.

If you can get eggs from free-roaming open caged chickens fed a vegetarian diet (from you health food store) then raw egg yolks are very very very very good.

Get tons of anti-oxidants, and I mean tons (e.g. Vitamin C) as this will aid in your recovery time.

I know I am missing a lot of stuff, but everything I've said is very important and not to be ignored.

To some it up, you are going to have to lift hard, eat MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF FOOD, and get PLENTY of rest.

Hope this helps.

Also, focus on compound exercises, not isolation exercises. Pull ups, dips, and squats are some of the best exercises you can do.

Animal Mother
01-03-2005, 01:11
Originally posted by R_Ladies_Man
ah I see this forum is about as useless as most of the forums on glocktalk No offense, but more information would help a lot. How long have you been lifting? Is there a specific reason you need to be able to bench 150 in 3 months? If not, solid progression in all exercises is more valuable than a bench-centric program, IMHO. If you're really focused on increasing your bench, a lot of people have seen success with Shawn Phillips program. You can find it here (http://users.rcn.com/dl.interport/bench.html). Most of my friends who tried it out back when it was first published saw a gain around 20-25 lbs, rather than 50, but they were experienced long term lifters.