Uploading pictures from a card Reader [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Uploading pictures from a card Reader

Midas
12-18-2004, 12:41
Hello,

Maybe some has a cure to this issue.

I have been uploading pi cutes from my card reader to my computer vis USP port.

it has worked flawlessly for two years.

Yesterday I went to do it and the window that usually pops up when I insert a card into the reader did not pop up. I think it is a "Windows" pop up utility or something. it would lead me thought the process of loading pictures into a specific location.

any Ideas for why it is not working?

I run XP

Thanks,

Jeff

Don At PC
12-18-2004, 13:40
Have you tried clicking on "programs"---"My Computer" and see if your card reader is identified? If it is double click on it and see if it opens up.

Midas
12-18-2004, 15:50
Don,My computer can see it and I can still upload. Not the way I use to thought when I got it set up.

thanks,
jeff

Nicky D
12-18-2004, 22:14
Have you installed any new programs that may have hijacked this feature. Also, did this occur after any upgrading XP to the new service pack. The same thing has happened to me but I associated it with new software. But I also am curious if it is a part of MS security features.

fastvfr
12-19-2004, 00:49
Plug the reader into another set of USB ports and see if that helps at all.

If not, then see if there is an IRQ conflict with the USB hub you are using for it, and make sure it isn't set to Conserve Power.

Toyman
12-19-2004, 07:08
Originally posted by Midas
Don,My computer can see it and I can still upload. Not the way I use to thought when I got it set up.

thanks,
jeff

Right Click on the Drive, Select Properties.

In the Properties Dialog, Select the AutoPlay tab.

In the AutoPlay tab, select "Prompt me each time to choose an action".