Sako Finnlight [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sako Finnlight

CaliTheKid
12-18-2004, 20:29
Time for me to get a new hunting rifle. I handled a Sako Finnlight today in my local gun shop and really liked it. Two questions: first, anyone have any experience with them and second any suggestions for an internet gunshop with great prices on hunting rifles? All of my usual internet gun shops are more handgun oriented. Thanks for any and all input.

WalterGA
12-19-2004, 13:56
I doubt if you can do better than Sako; however, just be aware that the stainless models are being recalled, as there have been several cases of massive KB's.

mpol777
12-19-2004, 14:41
I've fondled them in the shop. Veeeeery nice. The other that's similar, but less in price, is the Kimber M84 Montana. This was suggested to me by another member here and boy if it isn't slick. Less weight (5lb 5oz) than the Finnlight (6.25 lb) and the fit and finish is superb. After looking at both though I decided I don't like the look of stainless, but there is a blued version of the M84 with a wood stock. It's only a few ounces heavier and has a more traditional look that I prefer.

Good luck.

Medford4
12-30-2004, 15:18
I am a Sako fan, and currently own a TRG-S in .300 Win Mag, with a range-finding Shepherd scope on it. I would not hesitate to take a standing broadside shot at a deer or antelope at 700 yards...500 for an Elk-sized animal.

tjpet
12-30-2004, 15:32
Check out Kimber's line of LW hunting rifles. They're the closest thing to custom at a reasonable price you'll come across. A joy to carry and they shoot quite well, too.

CaliTheKid
12-30-2004, 18:57
I am looking at the Kimbers too. I really want it chambered in 30.06 though.