Game Controller [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Game Controller

LaraCroft
12-18-2004, 20:54
I have a Toshiba laptop and have bought a few games to play on it. I would like to buy a game controller. What would you suggest?

fastvfr
12-19-2004, 00:46
Can I ask what sort of games you have?

Older 2D sidescroller games Like Duke Nukem I & II, or 'fixed 3D' games like Doom and Quake work okay with a gamepad/joystick, but anything that adds the element of looking up and down needs to be played with mouse and keyboard IMHO.

The only exceptions that make sense to me are joysticks for flight sims or steering wheel controls for racing/driving games.

Have you purchased a decent PS/2 or USB optical mouse for your laptop yet?

Also, these aren't newer, graphics-intensive games, I hope. What processor and RAM are in the machine? What operating system?

I need a little more info before I can be more helpful.

LaraCroft
12-19-2004, 13:03
Why Lara Croft Tomb Raider games of course! (I have all of them) ;f Along with the new Sponge Bob The Movie pc game.

My laptop is currently a Toshiba Satellite A75 P4. I think it is a 3.33ghz with 512 of Ram. The graphics is a ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000.

I'm just wanting to play around with the games, and not really into serious gaming.

Thank you for your assistance!

bytelevel
12-19-2004, 21:11
I'm a big fan of the Gravis "Game Pad Pro" controller. It's simple, set up kinda like a Super Nintendo pad, and runs off USB.

I paid less than $10 for mine a couple of years ago. Works great for NES emulation :)

LaraCroft
12-29-2004, 13:53
Help?

fastvfr
12-30-2004, 16:42
http://www.clanmacgaming.com/articles/images/gravis/gpp-box.jpg

RaiderRodney
12-30-2004, 18:44
I have two Microsoft Sidewinders and I love em both. Although they aren't made anymore :( you could probably find one on Ebay. If not, I would go with some of the new Logitech Controllers since they always do a nice job with their drivers.