Request from Nephew in Iraq [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Request from Nephew in Iraq

jgamble
12-20-2004, 17:42
I posted this in GnG, but figured I'd try here as well.

I've got a step-nephew who is a SEAL out of San Diego and is now in the "general Iraq area." He's sent a request back for some supplemental supplies and one of the things he's asking for is some Hydra-Shok ammunition for his sidearm. His mother called me because she knows I order ammunition through the mail, but I have no clue if it would be possible to get ammunition from the States to Iraq. My guess is that the easiest way would be to mail it privately - but we'd run a very good risk of getting it confiscated when it hit the military mail system. Any ideas?

Most of the responses I got on GnG revolved around the legality of using hollowpoints in combat. I'm aware of that. My guess is that he's aware of that too and has seen others using them as he's not the type of guy to make that specific a request. I'm more interested in the logistics.

CarlosDJackal
12-22-2004, 09:42
There is a SEAL forum in www.tacticalforums.com where real operators can give you the insight on how you can do this. Good luck and Happy Holidays!!

jgamble
12-22-2004, 10:58
Yeah, unfortunately I haven't heard back from them since registering and every registration requires approval. Thanks though!

Cagey
12-23-2004, 11:09
I just shipped a package to Iraq. When you ship to a military person stationed overseas you use an APO address and you may be required to list what's in the package.

I'd probably pass on the request for hollow points.