PDS? Palm Tungsten E or HP IPAQ 1715 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : PDS? Palm Tungsten E or HP IPAQ 1715

Grog
12-21-2004, 10:09
Which would you choose? Palm Tungsten E or HP IPAQ 1715 There are almost the same price this week at Circuit City.

Thanks

P.S. I'm ungrading from a handspring (oldschool ;f )

Cryptoboy
12-21-2004, 13:46
It really depends on what you are looking for. The Palm is going to be most similar to what you already have in features and how to use it, so that might be a bonus. The HP has the Windows based OS, and you have the use of mini versions of Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.

Personally I would get the 1715, but that's just me. My wife just bought the Tungsten E and she likes it so far (upgraded from my old Palm Vx!)

Sinister Angel
12-21-2004, 16:33
Zaurus 6000-SL baby, ohhh yeahh!;f

Grog
12-21-2004, 19:32
Originally posted by Sinister Angel
Zaurus 6000-SL baby, ohhh yeahh!;f

A quick search says they are $489. I can get a new Dell laptop for less than $600.

My G/F bought me a zire 31 at CC. I played with in the store and it just felt cheap. The display on the E looked so much nicer (160x160 vs. 320x320) so I'm gonna return it and I'm pretty limited ($$$$) to upgrading to the above choices. CC really don't carry anything else at decent prices.

I agree I'm used toi the palm OS, but I could always try p-pc. I'm finding a few pda related sites to narrow down my search.

I know palm does not act like a mhz hog so I'm ok with the 126mgz on the E.

Thanks again.

Sinister Angel
12-21-2004, 20:40
Originally posted by Grog
A quick search says they are $489. I can get a new Dell laptop for less than $600.

My G/F bought me a zire 31 at CC. I played with in the store and it just felt cheap. The display on the E looked so much nicer (160x160 vs. 320x320) so I'm gonna return it and I'm pretty limited ($$$$) to upgrading to the above choices. CC really don't carry anything else at decent prices.

I agree I'm used toi the palm OS, but I could always try p-pc. I'm finding a few pda related sites to narrow down my search.

I know palm does not act like a mhz hog so I'm ok with the 126mgz on the E.

Thanks again.

Got it for my B-Day. I love this thing :D
**** Windows CE, I'm rolling with the 2.4.18 kernel :)