My new two-wheeler!!!!!!! BMW Rockster [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My new two-wheeler!!!!!!! BMW Rockster

fnfalman
12-21-2004, 19:12
BMW has some killer deals right now for selected models. I had planned on getting a R1150R, but when I saw the Rockster AND more importantly the price ($2000 off MSRP) plus the deal they cut me (BMW Financing at .9% AND the first FIVE payments on BMW) including shipping to Kalifornia and a few other knickknacks :) , well...the rest is history~2 ^5

So, here's what it looks like. I'll take some pics of my own Beemer tomorrow and post them.

http://photos.motorcycle-usa.com/53DC1439.jpg

chevrofreak
12-21-2004, 19:30
Thats a hot bike!

TheSniper
12-21-2004, 20:24
oooooohhh thats f-'in Sweeeeet!;f ;c

quinch
12-21-2004, 21:00
Sweet!

The dealer here has one in gunmetal gray, and the're making it real hard to say no!

The one they have has a single headlight, it's the only one I've seen like that. Maybe a 2005 thing.

Let us know how it rides!

fnfalman
12-21-2004, 22:24
The single headlight model is the R1150R. It has a few horses less, the suspension a bit less tightly sprung. The Rockster has the "cool" (not to me because I'm gonna repaint this sucker) paint job, standard ABS, a few carbon fiber pieces, black heat resistant paint on the engine, etc.

If an individual is qualified, the R1150R also has the .9% BMW financing deal AND the first three months of payment on BMW as well.

quinch
12-21-2004, 23:39
That's what confused me, this bike is painted like a Rockster, has the dark engine, and the BMW tag on it lists it as a Rockster.

Yet it has the R1150R single light. ;5

BMWs website lists the power as the same for both bikes, and the dealer is offering it to me for 8K minus 5 months of payments.

The wife wants to tile the downstairs, but hmmmmmmmmm.........
I've always liked those boxer engines.

norton
12-22-2004, 05:17
Originally posted by fnfalman
The single headlight model is the R1150R. It has a few horses less, the suspension a bit less tightly sprung. The Rockster has the "cool" (not to me because I'm gonna repaint this sucker) paint job, standard ABS, a few carbon fiber pieces, black heat resistant paint on the engine, etc.

If an individual is qualified, the R1150R also has the .9% BMW financing deal AND the first three months of payment on BMW as well.

BMW builds great bikes. You will love it.
Its your bike, but if it was me, I would refrain from painting it. Most dealers will tell you repainting the original factory finish will lower the bikes value.
Enjoy!

45acp4me
12-22-2004, 06:52
Cool bike! I don't know what it is about the headlight assembly, but it makes me think of Zorak on Space Ghost. ;f

Cheers!
Glen

Dandapani
12-22-2004, 06:59
Originally posted by fnfalman
BMW has some killer deals right now for selected models. I had planned on getting a R1150R, but when I saw the Rockster AND more importantly the price ($2000 off MSRP) plus the deal they cut me (BMW Financing at .9% AND the first FIVE payments on BMW) including shipping to Kalifornia and a few other knickknacks :) , well...the rest is history~2 ^5

YOU SUCK! ;z ;a ;z

fnfalman
12-22-2004, 08:47
Quinch,

I don't know then. All the Rocksters that I've ever seen on the showroom and off the internet have the dual headlight setup. Maybe it's a 2003 model? I didn't think that there's a 2003 Rockster but who knows? For $8000 AND first five payments free? I'd take it.

Norton,

I bought the bike because I wanted to and not for investment purposes. Even if I were to buy a new bike and trade this one in a few years from now, I'd take the loss due to re-painting. I gotta live with this bike for the next several years and I can't see myself riding a bike with a copper color tigerstripe pattern. It's kinda "icky".;f

quinch
12-22-2004, 22:12
Oh, god, I want to take it so bad.
I just fear the year of cold dinners and lackluster BJs.

It's listed as a 2005, maybe a factory job, sorta like "we have to many of these headlights"?

I've carefully inspected it for damage, and it has 1 mile on the odo.
I just don't know.

Almost forgot, you take delivery yet?

fnfalman
12-23-2004, 14:52
Quinch,

I don't think that the 2005 Beemers have hit the showrooms yet and BMW sure as hell isn't going to give you that sort of discount for a 2005 model. I haven't seen the 2005 Rockster model yet, so I don't know either. And yes I "took" delivery of the vehicle already, sort of. It's being shipped to Kalifornia for me, but I've already busted the cherry on that mutha!;f

Texas T
12-24-2004, 17:46
When do you think you'll be able to keep up with this guy on his 1150GS (Adventure bike)? ;)

The video is a bit large (79 MB) but this guy can ride. The video was made on the Isle of Man and he puts a lot of sportbikes behind him very quickly.

http://************/5t587

pesticidal
12-24-2004, 17:53
Nice.

Ride safe, ok?

Bullwinkle J Moose
12-24-2004, 18:22
Those boxers are just F-I-N-E! Congrats!

fnfalman
12-29-2004, 14:14
Thank you for the kind words. I've just completed my MSF Basic Rider Course, and boy, it taught me a few things or two about bike handling. I've been out of the moto scene since 1992 so I was very rusty, but even when I was riding, I didn't know about some of the finer handling techniques for safe street riding.

Already picked up the helmet, riding jacket, and boot. Need to find a pair of riding pants that fit my fat ass though.;g

quinch
12-31-2004, 02:39
Been out of town, so an update:

I went to the bimmer place on 12/24, and they had sold it. Oh well.
:(

Have fun on yours!

fnfalman
12-31-2004, 09:27
Oh man, that's a bummer!!! ;1

I'd still like to know what's the deal with the single headlight and how the hell can a Rockster be so cheap.

quinch
01-01-2005, 00:40
Me too, I should have just bought it and put up with the consequences

Fortune favors the bold!