Merry Christmas [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas

DepChief
12-21-2004, 22:46
I hope everyone has a great christmas and a safe New Year. I look forward to the lively debates in 2005. Lets just make sure that everyone is there to join in.

Be safe, be careful, God bless!

;H ;8 ;H ;8 ;H ;8 ;H ;8 ;H

DepChief.

N2DFire
12-22-2004, 10:33
Merry Christmas D.C. (and everyone else)

Stay safe & have a happy holiday.

obxprnstar
12-22-2004, 18:24
Anybody working on Christmas?

DepChief
12-22-2004, 21:49
Originally posted by obxprnstar
Anybody working on Christmas?

I am, but you would probably know that already.
Whats up with the new avatar?

obxprnstar
12-22-2004, 22:00
Well, we only work until 7am christmas morning thanks to our kind co-workers coming in for us so we can be with our children Christmas morning.

Slinger646
12-22-2004, 22:43
Im on 18:00 12/24 to 06:00 12/25

obxprnstar
12-23-2004, 10:29
Dep chief and I work 0800 on the 24'th - 0700 on the 25'th. The station we are at is about an hour and fourty min's from my house. Thanks to the generosity of the on-coming shift, they will be covering an hour so i can get home a little earlier, or well, to my inlaws (another 20 mins further than my house). The wife will be stationed a mere 25 min from the house.

groverglock
12-23-2004, 19:17
Merry Christmas to all you hard working public servants out there in the real world.

Thanks to each and every one of you who will be serving during the holidays. You sacrifice your family time to be there if someone has a need. You jump in your rig and head out to undo what others have done to themselves or to stop the hand of fate. Sometimes you are able to make a great difference in the outcome of someone's life, I commend you for your effort. Sometimes we can't change what others have done, and we are condemed for it. I thank you for doing what you are trained to do.

I pray for each of you as you enter this holiday season. I pray for your safety and for your peace of mind. I ask that you have the strength and courage to do the things we need to do, the ability to recognize our limitations in a situation, and the wisdom to know the difference.

For those of you unfortunate enough to have a "tough call" during your shift, my thoughts and prayers go with you.

As fo me, I start a 48 hour shift at 0800 Dec 24 and get off at 0800 Dec 26.

fazed
12-23-2004, 20:15
I am working the 25th & 26th so others can enjoy their holiday, since I don't really celebrate it. Just another day for me, but I know it means a lot to some. It is supposed to be -5 degrees here on christmas day, so I suppose I may be busy...

Matt

N2DFire
12-24-2004, 11:35
Being one of the only 2 Medics at my station I'm pretty much on call all the time. Luckily it's not my weekend shift to be at the station (that was last weekend).

;c Here's to you brothers and sisters who have to be on duty over the holidays and here's to those of you who are working so others can be off.

In the words of Tiny Tim - "God Bless Us - Every One".

Happy Holidays All.

Glkster19
12-25-2004, 07:36
Originally posted by groverglock
For those of you unfortunate enough to have a "tough call" during your shift, my thoughts and prayers go with you.

Worked X-Mas last year also. Shift starts at 08:00, toned for a full arrest around 09:30. Family went in to wake up the husband/dad/grandpa and found him dead. Not a good start to a x-mas shift. Hoping today will be quieter, however, the neighboring town with a private service that went on a call out of town and they advised dispatch they're only going to have 1 rig all day. So, I'm sure I'll end up out a couple times--to another depts calls.

Alpo
12-25-2004, 07:43
Merry Christmas to everybody!!!!