Fedora C3 hotplug [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fedora C3 hotplug

DonL
12-22-2004, 12:49
Can anyone tell me how to restart hotplug when it crashes?

HerrGlock
12-22-2004, 15:22
stop/start networking.

Hotplug is in the script for network.

DanH

Washington,D.C.
12-23-2004, 14:58
Isn't there a bug with the 2.6.9 kernel and hotplug?

HerrGlock
12-23-2004, 21:41
Originally posted by Washington,D.C.
Isn't there a bug with the 2.6.9 kernel and hotplug?

I don't think so. I'm using 2.6.9-1.6 and use a pcmcia wireless card constantly.

What errors are you getting? What's in your messages file when it crashes? Set the logging to debug and see what that does.

DanH

DonL
12-27-2004, 02:30
It crashed a few times, mainly when I use intelligent stick. I tried the stop/restart networking and nothing happens(as root). Says command not found.

Also, I've been trying to install Goggles GUI interface for Ogle and read were both, along with Fox had to be in /usr/local. If they weren't all you needed to do was for example: --ogle-prefix=/usr/local or --Fox-prefix=/usr/local Is the prefix the package number? I've tried that and just says file not found.

I was trying to stick with Knoppix but it seemed like every new version something that previously worked all of a sudden stopped working.....Like shutting down computer...Used to work, then stopped. Same with USB dongles.

Fedora C3 has worked pretty good so far, I just hate when I don't know how to get stuff done....This is just an example of what I mean. I got this from net to install tar packages:

To untar: tar -zxvf (package).tar.gz
Then: cd (where package is)
Next: ./configure
Then: make
Next: make install

Here is where I get frustrated, because nothing happens at "make". Did I miss something?...Its per instrucions.

Washington,D.C.
12-27-2004, 03:02
Give PCLinuxOS a try.It's one of the best desktop distros I've found.Also Mepis has a some good features but so PCLinuxOS is the most perfect for me so far.

Washington,D.C.
12-28-2004, 22:41
Now both kernel 2.6.9 and 2.6.10 both have USB issues.Kernel 2.6.9 has issues with Intel 810 video.The 2.6.8 kernel had CD writing issues that were mostly patched but kernel 2.6.7 seems to have the least hardware issues.