Verizon Cell Phone Problems--Any Ideas? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Cell Phone Problems--Any Ideas?

AggiePhil
12-22-2004, 14:04
My girlfriend has Verizon's wireless phone service and an Audiovox CDM-8600 phone. For some reason, when she tries to talk on her phone from inside her apartment, there are random patches of no service and when she walks into those areas, she can still her the other person on the line just fine, but the other person can't hear what she's saying. It's so weird because it really just happens here at her apartment and it only cuts out what she's saying. Does anybody here who knows a lot about cell phones have any idea what might be causing this? Thanks.

Boss429
12-24-2004, 00:53
Might be the phone. I have Verizon and at one time had a Motorola T-7something (20 i think) and had the worst experience with dropped calls and no signal.

Fed up, I took it into a Verizon corporate store and they told me that the software was out of date and that there were no updates for it.

I ended up getting a new phone--the no-frills Nokia--and am EXTREMELY happy with it. It's working wonderfully where the Motorola wasn't.

Go see Verizon and have them check the software on the phone.

ThinkOfTheChildren
12-24-2004, 01:34
Well, if it's only happening inside her apartment, the answer would seem pretty apparent.

There are plenty of structures that create dead-air areas inside. Could be the building material, could be what's inside the building, could be other devices, etc etc etc.

Sounds like she just needs to find the good spots and the bad spots in her place.

lomfs24
12-25-2004, 02:09
I would agree with ThinkoftheChildren. I also have to say that I am a Motorola fan. With that being said, though, when I was working for a Cell Phone company we found that Nokia phones would pick up signal where other phones like Motorola, Kyocera and others would fail.

Might fix it with a new Nokia phone, might not.

JCM298
12-25-2004, 14:39
There are certain areas in my office building where my cell phone won't work. My son has the same problem. We have different phones and live 2,500 miles away from each other. We've both learned to live with it, although he changes phones every year. My four year old StarTac suits me fine and I know (barely) how to use it,

John

Dandapani
12-25-2004, 15:46
"Can you hear me now?"

"I didn't think so..."

lomfs24
12-25-2004, 16:31
Originally posted by dmobrien2001
"Can you hear me now?"

Hear what? ;f