My new dentures [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My new dentures

StoneGiant
12-23-2004, 15:25
I had a problem with my dentures this week, and went to see my dentist. The dentist took one look at my upper plate and exclaimed, “Holy Crap! What the heck have you been eating? The plate’s got a lot of corrosion!”

I then proceeded to tell him that about 4 months ago my wife took a cooking class, and learned how to make Hollandaise sauce. The first night we had Hollandaise on rare roast beef, and I was in heaven! We had some sauce left over, so the next morning I had some on a nice 3-egg omelet.

Well, one thing led to another, and before I knew it, I was finding ways to eat Hollandaise sauce three times a day… A nice grilled hamburger? Yep, you bet! Hollandaise sauce! Asparagus? Nothing like some Hollandaise to make it taste just right!

My dentist listened patiently while I described my latest passion, then thoughtfully prescribed a new set of chrome-plated dentures.

“Chrome-plated?” I exclaimed. “Why chrome?”

“Well,” my dentist said, "there's nothing like chrome for the Hollandaise!”

… and a Merry Christmas to all of you on Glocktalk!

-SG

AnimalK
12-24-2004, 17:51
Please stop the pain.
;U

pesticidal
12-24-2004, 18:13
I heard it more like this:

Dentist: Hmmmmm. That new upper plate I put in for you six months ago is eroding. I'll bet you've been eating a lot of Hollandaise sauce, haven't you.

Yeah, I have.

I thought so. You see, Hollandaise sauce has lemon juice in it which is highly corrosive. So I'll have to make you a new plate, and this time instead of silver, I'll make it out of chrome.

Why chrome?

Well, there's no plate like chrome for the Hollandaise.

StoneGiant
12-24-2004, 19:50
Originally posted by pesticidal
I heard it more like this:

Dentist: Hmmmmm. That new upper plate I put in for you six months ago is eroding. I'll bet you've been eating a lot of Hollandaise sauce, haven't you.

Yeah, I have.

I thought so. You see, Hollandaise sauce has lemon juice in it which is highly corrosive. So I'll have to make you a new plate, and this time instead of silver, I'll make it out of chrome.

Why chrome?

Well, there's no plate like chrome for the Hollandaise.

Much more better.... You some people just can't tell jokes..

:cool: