Question for users of Scent-Lok camo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question for users of Scent-Lok camo

BlackBelt
12-24-2004, 08:01
I was thinking about buying some Scent-Lok camo from Cabelas.
I deer hunt from October through January in Western Tennessee. It is warm in October and half of November, and then usually gets bitterly cold for the rest of the season. I want to use the Scent-Lok camo, but don't want to buy 2 different suits, (one lighter suit for warm weather and one heavy suit for bitter cold weather) because it's kind of expensive.
I noticed that Cabelas has Scent-Lok undergarments in camo.
Do you guys think that the undergarment Scent-Lok single layer would offer enough scent protection to just buy that, and then use my regular camo on top of it? Of course I wash them in the scent-free, no UV brightner detergent.
Or would it be best just to buy the 2 different kinds of suits?
Thanks for any help you can give me.

Big Time
12-24-2004, 08:39
For when it gets real cold,just buy an Army Chemical suit(NBC SUIT),same thing as scent-lok,but a whole lot better,warmer,and lasts alot longer.;)

BlackBelt
12-24-2004, 12:04
So you think I ought to get 2 suits.
Where would I find an Army Chemical suit? And can you get them new, or are they all surplus?
Thanks for your help.

Big Time
12-24-2004, 13:54
You can get army chemical suits from army surplus stores,or maybe www.rangerjoes.com, usually sell for $25.00-$30.00.

stk10767
12-25-2004, 08:57
I have this suit. Just this suit with a pair of shorts underneath and a t-shirt is good for the early season. In the late season, throw on some wool pants and a couple of thermals, and you are good to go. The best thing about the suit is that the waistband is elastic, so it can go on over almost anything. Plus the "leafy" part of it is incredible, espceially early in the season. The deer never even know you are there.

http://a1460.g.akamai.net/f/1460/1339/6h/www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/Pod/02/65/07/p026507hz02.jpg