Music for intamacy................ [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Music for intamacy................

sbstudley
12-25-2004, 11:27
Merry Christmas to all.............

The wife bought me a CD Clock radio for our bedroom so as soon as we had a chance to occupy our daughter with a new DVD of Monsters Inc. We used our new CD player with its intended purpose. We found it to add much more enjoyment to the experience.

So, What are some CD's you would recommend for an evening of romance?

We had Anita Baker "Heart and Soul" I would highly recommend this to anyone.

Steve

CDP1911
01-02-2005, 21:36
Ya gotta have the best of Luther Vandross and Barry White at your bedside.

.22 boy
01-03-2005, 10:33
lil jon and the east side boys

disturbed

chevrofreak
01-03-2005, 11:28
Enigma

SanduneCC
01-03-2005, 11:59
Originally posted by chevrofreak
Enigma

Dam chevro, you beat me to the punch! ;z

Enigma's "Mea Culpa" will get you and the missus all hot and bothered in no time.

HasSpoken
01-03-2005, 13:24
drive down to the hood and pick up one of the "Baby Maker" mixed cd's, seriously :)

ThreadKiller
01-03-2005, 13:38
A: We Are Devo!

Not a serious reply but then, neither is the album. :)

Tim

AJE
01-03-2005, 23:47
Tenacious D

hihoslva
01-22-2005, 22:00
If you don't have some Marvin Gaye in there at some point, I don't know what to tell ya'......

mudfootball
01-22-2005, 22:16
here's to the marvin gaye, a favorite of mine is ben harper's cover of Sexual Healing. get a burner and make the ultimate cd of gaye, white, and vandross
kt

Compy
01-24-2005, 03:35
Dave Matthews. Crash in particular.

mudfootball
01-24-2005, 10:19
compensatethis
if its gonna be dave, it would have to be Say Goodbye, just read the lyrics, sounds like a beautiful concept to me.
kt

Compy
01-24-2005, 10:53
I was referring to the album "Crash". But yeah, you're right, Say Goodbye is a rather intimate tune. Crash Into Me is also up there.

RonC
01-24-2005, 11:18
On the classical side, there is Ravel's Bolero, a nice slow beat that accelerates throughout the piece. I think it was a centerpiece of the movie "10".

DigiDuckie
01-27-2005, 13:19
I concur with Enigma, as will my wife. ;)

drake22
02-05-2005, 09:16
anyone ever hear of Phish's waste.

a beautiful song.

SawgrassRaven
02-06-2005, 18:03
Yanni- Live at the Accropolis...

Trust me. Song # 4.

Take a quick sample listen here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000000LI/qid=1107737395/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/002-9404372-3121660

pete1953
02-07-2005, 20:33
Renaissance - Ashes are Burning; Prologue
Eric Clapton - Rush
Midnight Groove
Erotiques
Best of Smooth Jazz Vol 4
Yanni - Live at the Acropolis

freepatriot
02-08-2005, 09:54
The History Channel, of course! ;) ;f

Aphotic
02-10-2005, 20:03
Slipknot

Barry White
Marvin Gaye
Rascal Flatts (Melt)
Dave Matthews Band

I'm tired... so that's all for now.

Scottauld, the weather channel gives me an almost out-of-body experience. I'm especially partial to the 7-day forecast and "Local on the 8's."

The Pontificator
02-11-2005, 22:22
Motorhead ;f

python1340
02-12-2005, 20:30
Enigma

CGuns
02-18-2005, 22:03
Enigma

Michael Cretu is amazing.

I own every CD he ever put out, including the ultra-rare Japanese stuff for my home Hi-fi.

He also has 2 DVD's. The sound quality on the DVD's is out of this world. Pick them up on E-bay.
The videos are pretty out there, as if who ever came up with the video themes was mixing cocaine with acid, but, that is besides the point. The sound of the DVD recordings is absolutely incredible. Virgin recordings are tops.

Aside from that, Delerium is pretty close to Enigma.

You also need to have a good collection of Enya.

CGuns
02-18-2005, 22:08
Loreena Mckennitt needs to be added, too.

Prologue is an amazing track.

Enya's vocals are similar to Lisa Gerrard's, who was formerly part of Dead Can Dance. She did all of the vocals for Hans Zimmer on the Gladiator soundtrack.

The Gladiator soundtrack, along with any other soundtrack that Hans has done as of late, is of the quality level that all others can be judged from. No words can describe the feelings I have for the sound he produces. It is of another world. BlackHawk Down soundtrack is equally wild.

CGuns
02-18-2005, 22:16
What is everyone's favorite Enigma track?

This is tough, Mea Culpa is fantastic, but, as for me,
Morphing Through Time gets the cake. What an amazing track. The Gregorian chant is haunting.

If you aren't into music and want a be-all, end-all solution, the Pure Moods discs aren't bad, either. Have a listen over on Amazon.

Regards, CGuns

python1340
02-19-2005, 10:31
Originally posted by CGuns
What is everyone's favorite Enigma track?
I Love You, I'll Kill You

MGomez81
03-04-2005, 23:38
Too much non-mainstream stuff to list... amazing the incredible music that exists that most people will never hear.

Example you ask? A little club right on the coast of an island off Spain put together a CD that has two of the sexiest albums I've ever heard. I was there one day with friends and they were playing this incredible mood music. I went up to the DJ and bought two of these CD's. You wont find them on Amazon. I just checked.

I will however give you the name of the two tracks that are out of this world perfect for the activity described above...

1. Bob Holroyd "The Sheer Weight of Memory"

2. A Man Called Adam "Estelle"

Do yourself a favor and track down these songs. Trust me.

CGuns
03-08-2005, 09:26
Any just exactly what group or who makes these tracks? There is an E-bay Spain, you know?
www.ebay.es I have bought off of their before.

chevrofreak
03-08-2005, 21:51
Is it a Cafe Del Mar CD by chance?

Str8shootr
03-09-2005, 12:00
My favorite cd for intimacy is by Cassandra Wilson. She really knows how to slow it down.

MGomez81
03-11-2005, 23:26
Originally posted by chevrofreak
Is it a Cafe Del Mar CD by chance?

I think Cafe del Mar may have a lot of similarity, and they may be affiliated, can't be sure... but my CD's are from El Cielo Cafe.

spober
03-19-2005, 16:57
FILL ME IN.IM OUT OF THE LOOP.WHAT ENIGMA ?

CGuns
03-19-2005, 19:15
All of them are great. If you have a really good home Hi-Fi system, the Enigma Music Video DVD's are out of this world.

The CD's are great, too. Here is what I would get, though, I own them all.

1. Love, Sensuality, Devotion-
Great disc as it is a compilation of some of their best tracks.
Two Words, Mea Culpa

2. MCMXC A.D.-
is really good. Especially...Callas Went Away

3. Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi- Wow. What a great disc, too.
The Screen Behind the Mirror- Push the limits and Gravity of Love are wild. You need this one and the top one, at least.

On Love, Sensuality, Devotion and Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi, the track, "Morphing through Time", appears on both discs.
This is The BEST Enigma track by far. They are all wonderful. But, Morphing Through Time is like something you have never heard before. It is amazing.

All Enigma discs are recorded and offered by Virgin Germany and the recordings are wonderfully done. Get some good hi-fi stuff and you will be transported. It is not just the music, it is how you listen to it.

chevrofreak
03-20-2005, 16:35
2002 (their group name) is simply awesome stuff, but may not really be good intimate music, unless you just like a light background sound.

So relaxing, that once the deed is done, the wife will fall asleep rather than wanting to "talk".

Thru & Thru
03-24-2005, 14:16
Billy Berra and the Beaters - at this moment - sure it's a breakup song, but damn. Add some Kumbia Kings for the momentum, finish off with Luther Vandross. Then for the afterglow, it's gotta be "MOVE, B*TCH" ;P - by Ludacris featuring Mystical...... No guts, no glory ;P ;z "Are we not Men?"

PirateShot
04-20-2005, 19:17
Put in any of the CDs from that Time Life Soul Ballads collection, I bought it and it's great, if you like that kind of music.

mmorgret
04-23-2005, 10:00
I made an all Prince slow cuts CD on my burner and voi la, 2 kids. Maxwell is good too!

groundhawg
04-25-2005, 12:15
ive got a get lucky tape with barry white, marvin gaye and teddy prendergast. trust me it works. you might also want to try out anita bakers "the songstress" and anything by sade. luther vandross is another good addition........groundhawg

CGuns
06-15-2005, 23:57
Originally posted by MGomez81
Too much non-mainstream stuff to list... amazing the incredible music that exists that most people will never hear.

Example you ask? A little club right on the coast of an island off Spain put together a CD that has two of the sexiest albums I've ever heard. I was there one day with friends and they were playing this incredible mood music. I went up to the DJ and bought two of these CD's. You wont find them on Amazon. I just checked.

I will however give you the name of the two tracks that are out of this world perfect for the activity described above...

1. Bob Holroyd "The Sheer Weight of Memory"

2. A Man Called Adam "Estelle"

Do yourself a favor and track down these songs. Trust me.

Where am I supposed to buy the CD's from Spain that you listed. Please post the name of the disc.

Regards, CGuns

betyourlife
06-18-2005, 20:24
Originally posted by mudfootball
here's to the marvin gaye, a favorite of mine is ben harper's cover of Sexual Healing. get a burner and make the ultimate cd of gaye, white, and vandross
kt

Add some Al Green and Teddy pendergrass and you'll be set. NIN isn't too bad either.