Burning MPEG's to CD or DVD disk? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Burning MPEG's to CD or DVD disk?

wrenrj1
12-28-2004, 19:47
I'm trying to burn some short 1-3 meg MPEGS to disk. I've tried to burn them to CD-ROM however only the sound transfers and not the video. How can I get the video to burn also? should I be using a DVD burner instead? I've tried opening them up in Windows Media player with no success with video.

Furant
12-28-2004, 21:51
The problem is not likely your burner or the CD format.

Are the MPEGs playing off of the hard drive, but when you burn them, the video won't play off of the CD in the same machine? If that's the case, I'm stuck.

If instead, you just are receiving sound when playing back the MPEGs from a different machine, you probably just don't have the proper CODECs installed.

Download this KL Codec Pack (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm/) and install on the target box.

Joey

fastvfr
12-29-2004, 07:23
If you can transfer the files to CD in data format, rip them onto the other PC's HDD and play them, yet the "instant" playable version doesn't work, then I'd suspect the burning software wasn't set up properly.

Were you using Nero? Did you set it up to burn VCD's?

Also, did you try using a better media player, something like WinAmp5?

wrenrj1
12-29-2004, 19:23
I was trying to play them off the same machine, and burned them thru Windows media player.

I did download the codec Packs that jferrante recommended, however was concerned about uninstalling the current codecs per instructions prior to installing the new ones.

I'll take these CD's to work tomorrow and see if they will work on another machine...Thanks.

10 Ring Tao
12-31-2004, 16:43
Having sound but not video screams missing codec. Get the latest codec like was mentioned and try again.

wrenrj1
12-31-2004, 19:45
I went ahead and downloaded and installed the codecs recommended. However, I ran out of CD's to burn, it is New Years Eve, and I have a full glass of rum and coke.

Thanks for the advice, I'll post tomorrow when I give it a try...