mozilla firefox [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : mozilla firefox

bryan cc tx
12-30-2004, 03:20
My dad was having problems with pop-ups, I tried to help him out by installing Ad-Aware and Mozilla. Ad-Aware installed and cleaned up the computer great. Mozilla installed but was "unable to connect to mozilla.org" I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it (also tried it with another version) but I was unable to connect to the internet? IE was still installed and I was able to acces with that, but not Mozilla. Is there anything I'm missing?

He has XP.

MrsKitty
12-30-2004, 03:24
I can't remember now, but did you pick the version with Java? Or is there an option for that?

Try Opera. I like it better than Firefox although I use both ;) http://www.opera.com/

MrsKitty
12-30-2004, 03:24
Originally posted by bryan cc tx
Mozilla installed but was "unable to connect to mozilla.org"

Could you connect to anything? CNN, GT, Yahoo!, google?

bryan cc tx
12-30-2004, 03:28
no, i could not connect to anything. not google, GT, or yahoo!

MrsKitty
12-30-2004, 03:33
I would be more inclined to think that it was a setting of some sort since IE worked. I don't have Firefox on my laptop so I can't look it up here...

I don't remember having to set anything when I installed it on our other computer though... Is anything else odd going on? You said popup problems. Anything other than that? I am thinking spyware/virus or a conflict of some sort.

Washington,D.C.
12-30-2004, 05:01
You can try Mozilla 1.7.5 It's not Firefox but it's better than IE and fully functional.Netscape 7.2 comes with all of the plugins and is based on Mozilla.

lomfs24
12-30-2004, 11:47
How how much crap is installed on your system when you install Netscape now that they are owned by AOHell. Is it basically AOHell rebranded?

Washington,D.C.
12-30-2004, 12:06
You can choose a "custom" install and leave out the AOL stuff.Also you can delete any of it after installation.I have Netscape for Linux and it doesn't have any AOL stuff in it.It's nice that it comes with all of the plugins and they work.