Tbird and Palm Sync??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tbird and Palm Sync???

hapuna
12-30-2004, 12:45
Yikes I tried out this extension and it corrupted a lot of my data so I wanted to switch back to the Palm Desktop but I can't figure out how to get rid of the selection or how to get the desktop back as an option from the HotSync setup?? Does anyone know how to undo this????
Also this extension doesn't show up on the extension list for uninstall so its harder to deal with and I can't find anything describing the extension and how to work with it just a link to load it.
Any help out there???;Q

hapuna
12-30-2004, 16:16
bump.:)

hapuna
12-31-2004, 11:54
C'mon there must be someone out there that has tried this??
Hep me hep me!:)

Glk23
01-01-2005, 19:00
Try palm support or maybe a soft reset? Check with support before doing the soft reset. Not sure if the reset will cause you to lose some data. Good luck. Oh try the cnet.com handheld fourm someone will know there for sure. If your not a member it does not cost anything just register then submit your question. There is a lot of great knowledge there. Good site for all techies to be able to use.

hapuna
01-05-2005, 16:56
Is that under the TechRepublic area. I could not find another disscussion group on cnet. Please post a link if you have it.
Thanks

g29andy
01-05-2005, 17:56
What extension are you talking about?
If it's dpSync WAB, then open HotSync Manager on your computer, click on the HotSync icon at the bottom right of screen, select Custom. Scroll down to dpSync WAB and click Change. This brings up a box to allow you to specify sync to Windows Address Book or Palm Desktop.

hapuna
01-06-2005, 20:06
Originally posted by lovette
What extension are you talking about?
If it's dpSync WAB, then open HotSync Manager on your computer, click on the HotSync icon at the bottom right of screen, select Custom. Scroll down to dpSync WAB and click Change. This brings up a box to allow you to specify sync to Windows Address Book or Palm Desktop.

Yes that was what I was used to but I put the Palm sync extension to the Thunderbird mail client on my system and it got rid of any other choices so when I do what you say all I see is the Tbird sync option and no others. That is my problem.;Q

g29andy
01-07-2005, 14:07
Have you tried control panel-add/remove programs-uninstalling Thunderbird completely, including extensions folder (which should remove all associated extensions), and reinstalling Thunderbird? I don't know of anything else at this point.

hapuna
01-07-2005, 16:38
No but since it altered hotsync which is not part of tbird I didn't think it would solve the problem(though it would get rid of the extension in tbird). I need a way to put hotsync back to its original state.;Q