PopUp from www.NIXAD.com. Anyone Know About It? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : PopUp from www.NIXAD.com. Anyone Know About It?

Nalapombu
12-30-2004, 22:33
Hey all,

I am in the process of migrating to a new machine. My old machine was Win98 and my new one is XP. To switch everything over in the easiest way my buddy and I decided to make a small temporary network with a hub and just copy the files. To do it we had to Upgrade the 98 machine to XP. Everything is pretty much done now, but I am still running on the old machine which is now running XP. I am a total NEWBIE at XP. My machine had just about every spyware, popup blocker and adaware software you could name and I NEVER had any trouble.
Now I am playing around on my machine until I get everything finalized and using XP I start seeing these pop up windows telling me that my machine is running spyware and is infected. I need to click the OK box to go to www.nixad.*** to see how to get rid of it. I have never seen this box or heard of that company before. I am running Yahoo toolbar and a couple of the spyware blockers and I still get this thing every time I get online. As a matter of fact I just got it about 5 minutes ago before I decided to post this question. I didn;t go to any other site when I logged on. My homepage is Yahoo and I cam straight here and while I am reading some threads I get the familiar NIXAD box. I have never clicked on it to go to the site, jusy "X" it closed.
When it happened last time I ran all of my scanners, Yahoo, Adaware, Spybot and removed everything they found and it is still here. What is going on here? Is this something from Microsoft or something else that Ineed to look into? This is getting down right aggravating. What good are all these programs if they can't stop something like this?
Anyone know about this and can offer some advice or help? Even though I will only be using this machine a day or 2 more, it is still irritating as heck.
Thanks for the help.

Nala