Can I network my desktop and laptop with Bluetooth? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Can I network my desktop and laptop with Bluetooth?

Angel Of Death
01-01-2005, 05:50
I'm going to buy a Bluetooth adaptor so my Dell Axim X50v can sync with my computer without wires.... so I was thinking....

If I get a Bluetooth adaptor for each of my computers (desktop and laptop) will this allow me to network them together and share my DSL?

I'm looking at buying this one because of the 330ft range: LINKSYS Bluetooth Adapter, Model USBBT100 - Retail

http://images10.newegg.com/productimage/33-124-143-07.JPG

Will what I'm thinking about even work? I know relatively nothing about Bluetooth.

Thanks guys

Semper Fi,

Erik

troyboy30
01-01-2005, 06:59
330ft? And to think, my bluetooth connection for my motorola G3 razor is only 30 ft.

troyboy30
01-01-2005, 07:01
330ft? And to think, my bluetooth connection for my motorola G3 razor is only 30 ft.

I believe the bluetooth connection is pretty slow, so it may not be your best option.

Angel Of Death
01-01-2005, 07:08
Nevermind. I answered my own question by doing some research.

I just bought two of those little things too.

Strange, Dell.com had better prices and shipping prices than newegg.com

too bad too, i love newegg!

Thanks, ERIK

gimmejr
01-01-2005, 11:42
Have you bought a router yet to share the DSL? just network them through the wireless router. Dont know about your Axim though, does it have wifi?

Angel Of Death
01-01-2005, 21:58
Originally posted by gimmejr
Have you bought a router yet to share the DSL? just network them through the wireless router. Dont know about your Axim though, does it have wifi?

Axim has 11b, ASUS mb has onboard 11g. ah well.

So I bought those two bluetooth adaptors.

Pretty much the only purpose my laptop has in life is to run grid.org software and try to cure cancer. Once I get the laptop to run off the desktop's internet connection I'll be good.

Oh yeah, the HP zx163's monitor is junk, so I might as well get some use out of it right?

thanks guys