Who are the new motocross/supercross kings? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Who are the new motocross/supercross kings?

RockinAR
01-02-2005, 01:38
I have not followed the sport since McGrath quit. It was fun with him, Emig, Larocco, Hughes, Lusk, and the like used to all battle it out. The sport seemd to take a nose dive when they starting quit/retire, get hurt, get fired, etc.

Last I saw Carmicheal was starting to suck on 250's and Stewart had not yet jumped to 250's and a bunch of lame "no name" kids with bad personalities were the leaders. What's the latest???

lonewolf28152
01-02-2005, 23:51
Carmichael has really done well in the 250 class. This year he is riding suzuki's. Chad Reed was last years champion. Stewart is moving to the 250's this year. And believe it or not McGrath is coming out of retirement this year. He is not going to ride the whole series but I think the first three races and a few after that.

RockinAR
01-02-2005, 23:59
Originally posted by lonewolf28152
And believe it or not McGrath is coming out of retirement this year. He is not going to ride the whole series but I think the first three races and a few after that.

Wow, I just checked. McGrath will back on a Honda. Strange, I thought they had some serious bad blood?

swaits
01-04-2005, 00:11
Originally posted by lonewolf28152
Carmichael has really done well in the 250 class. This year he is riding suzuki's. Chad Reed was last years champion. Stewart is moving to the 250's this year.

Should be specific here. RC won the last MC season. Reed won last year's SC, but, with an asterisk as RC was out.

RC switched to Suzuki, in a Rossi-esque move, and thus far he's impressive.

McGrath and Ward have been quite active the past few years - but it's in Supermoto. Ward is very successful. (Although BBoz has proven to me that the good street riders have the edge). Will be great to see McGrath doing some SC though!

--Steve

epsylum
01-21-2005, 16:45
Everyone is forgetting, RC's unbelieveable 2 PERFECT seasons (every moto, every race, 1st place) in motocross. Never has that ever happened before and it may never happen again.

Right now RC is like what McGrath was about 10 years ago. Almost unstoppable. The only problems now is the Suzuki has a few reliability issues. He is not any slower on it, however.

Chad Reed is also VERY fast (I would equate him to Jeff Emig, just behind the superstar and alot of times in front).

Reed is awesome, but RC is THE MAN on a MX bike.

swaits
01-21-2005, 22:41
Originally posted by epsylum
Right now RC is like what McGrath was about 10 years ago. Almost unstoppable. The only problems now is the Suzuki has a few reliability issues. He is not any slower on it, however.

RC is the man. I think he's more than JM was 10 years ago. I'd even say, at least right now, he isn't "almost" unstoppable, he IS unstoppable.

Good for Suzuki, and great for RC - proving it's the rider more than anything.

--Steve