My mouse is going crazy! Help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My mouse is going crazy! Help

2kflhr
01-04-2005, 20:48
I have an optical mouse that has been working fine. Just the last couple of days it acts up. When scrolling down using the center button (not wheel) it will automatically scroll back up. I started using the click and drag on the right of the screen and when I lifted my finger from the left button it would scroll back up. Now I can sontinue to hold the left button down and it still scrolls back up.

What is going on?

Any help would be appreciated.

MB-G26
01-04-2005, 23:51
Keep in mind I've not used a wireless mouse... but... my first thought is to suspect a driver conflict of some type. Have you installed or downloaded anything new proximate to the time you started having the problems? The other thought is whether there's any way its (infra red or whichever, the place it transmits from to the computer) port has become dirty, also, perhaps a little piece of something has gotten under the button, wheel, etc.?
m

MrsKitty
01-05-2005, 00:11
Is it wireless? Anything new in your house that could be on the same frequency?

We had a similiar problem with the lady across the street's keyless entry to her Camry ;P ;P ;P Took forever to figure that one out ;g

Toyman
01-05-2005, 06:10
If it's wireless, put some new batteries in it.

2kflhr
01-06-2005, 20:53
It is not wireless, just optical (no ball), now the direction keys on the key board are acting the same way.

Washington,D.C.
01-06-2005, 22:02
If they are USB,switch the USB ports.They should use the ports on the rear not the front.Normally the keyboard most be in a certain port usually the outer one.The one nearest the outer edge of the case.