Easy "Shortcut" queston (Win XP) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Easy "Shortcut" queston (Win XP)

Douglas in CT
01-05-2005, 15:39
Background:
- I have a cable internet service through a company called Cablevision.

- The ISP service is called Optonline, and they provide an email service that allows me a master and 4 sub-account email addresses. At present, I have two email accounts.

- I want to set up a desktop "shortcut" for each email account.

Action taken:
I have set up two shortcut icons using:
mail.optonline. (and whatever else showed for that screen in the browser).

Problem:
No matter what I do, nor which shortcut icon I click, it always shows the log in screen of last email user name (with blank password box) that used the email service.

Fix:
Is there one?

Thank you.

David_G17
01-05-2005, 15:56
it's using cookies. only fix i can think of would be to use a seperate browser program for each account.

each time you log-in, it sets a cookie on your computer saying that specific user is logged in.

it might be possible to write 4 seperate HTML pages with auto-redirects automatically sending the username/password, but that may be more than you are wanting.

Melete
01-05-2005, 16:35
What you could do is use <a href="http://www.mozilla.org/firefox">Firefox</a> (or an older version of Netscape/Mozilla) and set it up to use multiple profiles. That avoids the need to have multiple shortcuts -- Just use the Firefox shortcut and it'll ask you which profile you want to use -- this will work not just for the email accounts but will keep all your similar things sorted by user as well -- homepage, bookmarks, etc

modgun
01-06-2005, 17:39
Originally posted by Melete
use multiple profiles.

Yes find an email program and set up different profiles for each one.