ATTN: Thinkpad Experts [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Thinkpad Experts

bobbitybobbity
01-06-2005, 17:04
Have an IBM Thinkpad A21. It cycles through windows page and IBM logo page and a page that syas not enough free space...I'm not particularly astute regarding computer stuff. Can I either A: install a new OS to get her going again, or, B: replace the hard drive with a new one? This may sound stupid, but, hey, with computers...I am stupid! It has Win98SE, I thought maybe I could put in Win XP HOME. Waddya think, there, huh? I'm about at the end of my rope. I only used it for maybe 2 months. Hate to use it for a target... appreciate any advise I can find. Thanks, Robert

NetNinja
01-08-2005, 19:12
You are running out of hard drive space. Try deleting some useless files.

Temp usually has a boat load. Make sure you don't place anything important there.

Also Windows Update folder.

Delete all those files in there. They are useless.

If you can get your machine up on the internet and have a fast connection I can remote into your machine and clean it up for you.

PM me and I'll help you out.

Washington,D.C.
01-09-2005, 16:30
The empty temp files utility does not work in Windows 98SE.This was never fixed by Microsoft.Delete large files such as photo's etc and install CCleaner.It's a small program that will quickly clean temp files and a few other things.Download it at http://www.ccleaner.com

bobbitybobbity
01-10-2005, 16:30
I followed directions, then kept going...it works now! I also downloaded the cleaner mentioned above. Thanks, guys!;z ;z