Help. George Bush Idiot Google hacking me. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Help. George Bush Idiot Google hacking me.

Mushinto
01-06-2005, 19:56
I cleared my cookies. My Norton Anti-virus is up-to-date and says everything is OK. But, I keem getting a pop-up which is a Google search for the words "george bush idiot". My trask manager shows this program is running, but I cannot find it anywhere in my programs.

I have attached a picture of the pop-up.

What's going on?

Mushinto
01-06-2005, 19:57
And this is what my task manager says is going on:

Washington,D.C.
01-06-2005, 20:23
Spybot will get that out of your PC.

fastvfr
01-06-2005, 23:04
My first suggestion would be to quit using such a buggy, featureless, security-hole-ridden browser and begin using a browser that will not invite such problems onto your PC. (http://www.mozilla.org/)

Both Mozilla Suite and Firefox have built-in popup suppression, along with several dozen other features, that make either one a far better choice than Internet Exploder.

There is A NIGHT AND DAY difference for the better.;)

AZ-Boog
01-07-2005, 00:16
I run XP Pro with SP2.

SP2 has a buitl in pop up blocker now.

I've been running IE with SP2 and have had zero problems with it.

I run AdAware and SpyBot and I'm clean.

NightWolfe
01-07-2005, 00:26
Originally posted by fastvfr
Both Mozilla Suite and Firefox have built-in popup suppression,

and IE doesn't ? thats news to me ...

bachchoy
01-07-2005, 00:28
Your on the FBI's list now!

Have a nice day!:)

SamBuca
01-07-2005, 02:19
Go to Microsoft.com and install their spyware utility. It's far superior to the others...including the utility that I've sworn by for a while.

FThorn
01-07-2005, 04:44
Originally posted by fastvfr
My first suggestion would be to quit using such a buggy, featureless, security-hole-ridden browser and begin using a browser that will not invite such problems onto your PC. (http://www.mozilla.org/)

Both Mozilla Suite and Firefox have built-in popup suppression, along with several dozen other features, that make either one a far better choice than Internet Exploder.

There is A NIGHT AND DAY difference for the better.;)

Or the most security-depraved OS.

troyboy30
01-07-2005, 06:09
funny how they always say..quit using such a buggy and unsafe browser. I have never used anything but IE and have never had a single problem. I did actually try firefox and others and they just suck. They look like netscape to me.

Wicked96SS
01-07-2005, 06:18
Okay, to take this thread out of the "My Kung Fu is better than your Kung Fu" nonsense...

As already suggested, I would try Spy Bot Search and Destroy, it is free, and has worked very well for me.

Spy Bot home page (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/home/index.html)

Keep it updated and run it every once and a while (I run mine weekly).

If you don't have SP2, I would consider getting that AFTER you have cleaned your computer using SBSD... Also, I believe, there is a service pack out for Explorer as well that helps with popup management. SP2 even comes with a firewall that I immediately turned off, but some people like it. I haven't had a chance to play with it much.

Either way, I am confident that Spy Bot will at least help.

Good Luck!

Sinister Angel
01-07-2005, 09:13
IE can't even get the ****ing PNG spec right.

Mushinto
01-07-2005, 10:32
Originally posted by Washington,D.C.
Spybot will get that out of your PC.
Installed it last night. So far, so good.

Thanks for all the answers, even the ones I didn't understand.

ML

RaiderRodney
01-07-2005, 11:24
Spybot along with Ad-Aware SE will keep you safe. I think all the guys boycotting IE were saying is that Firefox will help you decrease all those "findings" from Spybot & Ad-Aware.

I ran IE for many years and never had a problem either, but with Firefox, less stuff does get through IMOP.

David_G17
01-10-2005, 10:29
Originally posted by NightWolfe
and IE doesn't ? thats news to me ...

no, IE doesn't (unless you are running XP and SP2).

troyboy30
01-11-2005, 08:56
try running spywareguard and spyware blaster. I have never run anything but IE and I never have any hits on my spyware scans.

FThorn
04-29-2006, 07:11
Buy a Macintosh.

hwyhobo
04-30-2006, 13:27
Quit computing altogether, it's not worth it. Our forefathers didn't have computers and elected better presidents. I blame Microsoft.

:shocked: ;)

David_G17
04-30-2006, 20:42
Originally posted by FThorn
Buy a Macintosh.

the previous response was from January, why did you bring this thread back to the top?

hankhan
04-30-2006, 20:49
Run regedit and start deleting registry keys until the problem goes away. Shouldn't take too long. ;)