RED DOT mounting question.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : RED DOT mounting question....

StockGlock23
01-06-2005, 23:30
I just bought a Target Sports 1X20 Red dot to put on Kel-Tec Sub 2000 carbine. I was wondering how to mount the scope and be sure that it is really vertical. I have never done this with something with no crosshairs so I really have no where to start. I know that I don't plan to shoot much over 75 yards so if I have to just eyeball it that would be fine but I would much rather prefer to have it right.

podwich
01-06-2005, 23:42
You could use a level. First, level the gun and secure it. Second, line one of the adjustment caps up with the level and level it. Tighten. Voila!

StockGlock23
01-07-2005, 00:46
Might have to try that.

chevrofreak
01-07-2005, 08:56
With a red dot it doesnt really matter if its vertical.

StockGlock23
01-07-2005, 10:18
Yeah but would it make sighting it in more difficult? With the crosshair (sort of) not being vertical any adjustment with the turrets would not be really up and down. I suppose since it is going to be short range I am not going to worry about dead on accuracy plus I am not planning on shooting this gun as a tack driver.

chevrofreak
01-07-2005, 17:04
Yeah it could be a pain in the ass to sight in though. As long as you're really close to verticle, you should be able to get it done quickly.

A bit of a tip. Put the sight on, fire 3 rounds at a target thats 25 yards out, provided you hit the target, hold the rifle perfectly still, and adjust the dot until its over the impact point. From there its easy to fine tune.