Treo 600 hints/tips/fun [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Treo 600 hints/tips/fun

10 Ring Tao
01-07-2005, 15:45
Ok, I've got a GSM Treo 600 on the way. What can you guys suggest in the way of (free) programs, utilities, and other cool stuff to take advantage of it capabilities?

I'd also like to make it WIFI capable, what are my options there?

Texas T
01-07-2005, 18:01
Originally posted by 10 Ring Tao
Ok, I've got a GSM Treo 600 on the way. What can you guys suggest in the way of (free) programs, utilities, and other cool stuff to take advantage of it capabilities?

I'd also like to make it WIFI capable, what are my options there?

Most of these are NOT free, but worth the money you'll spend for them...

Bejeweled - best game ever and if you buy right now they will donate the proceeds to disaster relief in SE Asia.

Avantgo
Backup Buddy
Cleanup
Filez
Documents To Go
Lightwav
MobileDB
MovieRec
pTunes
SoundRec
Splash Suite (ID, Money, etc)
Uninstall Manager

To my knowledge, no one has yet developed a wifi card capable of handling the Treo 600.

The best site IMHO is Treo Central for ALL of your Treo questions. If you visit them you'll see that a wifi driver for the T650 has just been released yet it may not be ready for prime time just yet.

Just found this note on a CES story...
A company called enfora was demonstrating a non-functional Wifi Sled for the Treo 600 and Treo 650. The sled connects to the serial port, and comes with drivers that allows for full TCP/IP connectivity on the Treo.

The sled has its own internal battery, allowing for longer usage times. Battery life is stated as 5 days standby, 24 hrs usage.

Since the sleds at the show were not functional, we were not able to determine the throughput. The serial connection will probably be a limiting factor.

List price is $149, and the 600 version will ship in February, the 650 version in March.