Airborne [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Airborne


codivecop
01-09-2005, 21:01
I have seen a few paratroopers around here...

Sound off for pre-jump!!!!!!



;? ^c

KNEESINTHEBREEZ
01-09-2005, 21:32
<---------------------Jumpers HIT IT!

KNEESINTHEBREEZ
01-09-2005, 21:36
By the way, there is a fairly new paratrooper website that is pretty kick ass. I know there are a couple of members from here that have found it. Check it out....
ArmyParatrooper.org (http://www.ArmyParatrooper.org/bb)

NIB
01-09-2005, 21:37
AIRBORNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

codivecop
01-09-2005, 23:59
Originally posted by KNEESINTHEBREEZ
By the way, there is a fairly new paratrooper website that is pretty kick ass. I know there are a couple of members from here that have found it. Check it out....
http://www.usparatroopers.org


Checked it before. Got in deep looking up some stuff, taking a walk down memory lane.........;f Remembering Rick's, etc.

Just registered!!!!!!

KNEESINTHEBREEZ
01-10-2005, 00:49
Originally posted by codivecop
Checked it before. Got in deep looking up some stuff, taking a walk down memory lane.........;f Remembering Rick's, etc.

Just registered!!!!!!
Hell, I don't even remember Rick's. What is Rick's?And by the way troopers - for those LEGS out there that happen to check this thread out, USParatroopers.org isn't just for paratroopers. There are civilians, recruits, and legs over there as well. All are welcome over there as long as you aren't a ****** bag ;)

NapalmSpork
01-10-2005, 01:29
GreenLight GO!!!

NIB
01-10-2005, 03:42
Originally posted by KNEESINTHEBREEZ
http://www.usparatroopers.org


Cool, Paratrooper.net (http://www.paratrooper.net/) is another good place.

codivecop
01-10-2005, 07:44
Originally posted by KNEESINTHEBREEZ
Hell, I don't even remember Rick's. What is Rick's?

You don't remember Rick's?????;P

When were you at Bragg? Rick's was one of the downtown bars that was world famous. Funny thing is they ended up tearing down the ENTIRE block that Rick's was on to build the SF Museum in downtown Fayette-Nam. ;z I guess that happened around '96....

codivecop
01-10-2005, 07:57
Originally posted by NIB
Cool, Paratrooper.net (http://www.paratrooper.net/) is another good place.

And another: http://herbertholeman.com/para/manifest/default.htm

FLIPPER 348
01-10-2005, 09:23
Ricks!

KNEESINTHEBREEZ
01-11-2005, 20:18
Originally posted by codivecop
You don't remember Rick's?????;P

When were you at Bragg? Rick's was one of the downtown bars that was world famous. Funny thing is they ended up tearing down the ENTIRE block that Rick's was on to build the SF Museum in downtown Fayette-Nam. ;z I guess that happened around '96....
I was at Bragg from '97 - '02. That's why I probably don't remember Rick's.

KNEESINTHEBREEZ
01-11-2005, 20:19
Just curious - how many folks are members over at usparatroopers.org?

GlockinHood
01-12-2005, 05:31
In the door!!!;?

Ian

rlbgfish173
01-12-2005, 09:57
STAND IN THE DOOR!
I was at Bragg in 69 was Rick?:)

codivecop
01-12-2005, 17:10
Originally posted by rlbgfish173
STAND IN THE DOOR!
I was at Bragg in 69 was Rick?:)

That I don't know.... I didn't get the history of Rick's due to having a wife ;)

But the name Fayette-Nam is still around!!!!! ;f

Were you there during the big murder? Or was that a bit later?

The movie that was made (Fatal Vision) was about Jeffrey R. MacDonald and I guess it happened in 1970.

rlbgfish173
01-13-2005, 13:39
I got to Bragg in Jan 69 and ETS Nov 69 so I must have missed it or just can't remember (that happens as you get older:) )

CarlosDJackal
01-13-2005, 23:10
Originally posted by KNEESINTHEBREEZ
<---------------------Jumpers HIT IT!
One thousand! Two thousand! Three thousand! Four thousand...

I was in "Charlie Airborne", Fort Richardson, AK from Jan 1986 - March 1988.

I went through Jump School at Benning's School for the Boys in class 32-84 ("More sweat less blood Sgt Airborne!") with the 43rd Company (Sky Strike).

"Airborne All the Way and Then Some!!" ^c

Central Texan
01-15-2005, 22:13
Just a leg here, but I've been pokin my head in the front door of paratrooper.net now and then for little while now. Lots of good info.

A_Swede_17_1911
01-16-2005, 06:47
"Hook UP!" , im still at Ft. Bragg, 2nd Brigade of the 82nd ABN, currently deyployed to OIF for the 2nd time.

Anyone been to the Ft. Bragg Skeet range?, off of Mancheter in Spring Laos? Its pretty nice, I usally shoot out there when im home.

wilsoni91
01-16-2005, 18:03
JUMPER STAND IN THE DOOR. GOOOO!!!!!!!!

cadillacguns
01-17-2005, 07:46
"All the way"

codivecop
01-17-2005, 08:56
Originally posted by A_Swede_17_1911
"Hook UP!" , im still at Ft. Bragg, 2nd Brigade of the 82nd ABN, currently deyployed to OIF for the 2nd time.

Anyone been to the Ft. Bragg Skeet range?, off of Mancheter in Spring Laos? Its pretty nice, I usally shoot out there when im home.

Did they move the Rod & Gun Club? I used to go there when it was off Gruber west of the 82nd Parade Field.

A_Swede_17_1911
01-17-2005, 20:12
Yup its still there, the McKellers Lodge, and lake are right across the road. The shooting range is there, I shoot there, they only have one skeet/trap field, this other place is an offshoot from the main club, so your membership is good there. They have something like 12 skeet fields and 8 trap houses.

codivecop
01-17-2005, 21:00
Originally posted by A_Swede_17_1911
Yup its still there, the McKellers Lodge, and lake are right across the road. The shooting range is there, I shoot there, they only have one skeet/trap field, this other place is an offshoot from the main club, so your membership is good there. They have something like 12 skeet fields and 8 trap houses.


WOW ;9 They were just starting to build ranges there when I left.

Ohh well, I have the Rockies to play in now!!!!! ;f ;f

APD
01-18-2005, 20:47
I don't miss night mass attack but I really miss the Huey and fun jumps. Not as high speed but it was nice to rig up and get a couple of jumps in an afternoon.
Good to see so many here, by the way I never had a "one thousand, two thousand,three thousand, four thousand". Mine was more like "one thousand twOOOOOOOOOOOO" and got my chute opened. I guess being a 60 gunner and 230 lbs makes ya fall a bit faster.

ALL OK JUMPMASTER!!;f

fnfalman
01-19-2005, 15:45
I was at Bragg for just barely two years before going back to Ft. Campbell. I remembered that the Rod and Gun Club used to have a bunch of German women working there that made some mean jaegersnitzel. It was the same way at Campbell. Eerie...

Glacked79
01-20-2005, 17:14
Strike Hold!

Hey fellas. 1/504 HHC Mortars 91-94. Deputy Sheriff now - SWAT. Damn place is full of marines... so, I love my job!

wilsoni91
01-28-2005, 17:26
hmm well lets see

92-94 3rd Rangers
94-96 1/504
96-97 10th Mountain LRSD
97-98 JSA
98-99 3/504
99-01 3rd SF

angrystormG23
01-28-2005, 17:44
.....2 MINUTES..........1 MINUTE......~2

Ahhhhhh the memories (101st here)

GreenBeret1631
02-03-2005, 15:05
AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!

First Airborne experience: 11th Airborne Division Japan, 1948. Sent up to Sendi, Japan to take Glider training by 5th, Cav., 1st Cavalry Division. Awarded Glider wings. (Still a leg!)

Jump School March 1951 @ Ft. Benning, GA. First phase of training for assignment to 14th Ranger Infantry Company (Abn.) Assignment to that company after jump school.

Combat: Leg outfit in Korea, 27th Regt. (Wolfhound) 25th ID Purple heart/CIB (1951-'52)

17th Special Forces Group, USAR: June 1961 to it was disbanded.

12th Special Forces Group: When it was activated to replace 17th SFG(A) at Ft. Lawton, WA and NAS (Sandpoint Navy airbase, Seattle WA) Served with them until '84 (MOS 18C)

Retired as MSG USAR

Hooah Badges: CIB, Glider badge, Master Parachutist badge, Path Finders badge and Combat Divers Badge. Ranger Tab, Special Forces Tab. ;f

fnfalman
02-03-2005, 19:41
Holy Cow!!! We got an Old Breed here!!! Glider Badge? ;W ;W ;W

GreenBeret1631
02-03-2005, 20:43
Originally posted by fnfalman
Holy Cow!!! We got an Old Breed here!!! Glider Badge? ;W ;W ;W

Yup! I was 17 when I earned that Glider badge and had been in the Regular Army one year on a three year enlisment! ;)

Texas_Preacher
02-05-2005, 17:02
Aco 2/504 PIR checking in.