State of emergency/terrorist incident PHOTO ID BADGES? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : State of emergency/terrorist incident PHOTO ID BADGES?

emt1581
01-11-2005, 00:07
Tonight at drill my capt. informs us all that there will be a photographer coming to take out pics for photo ID badges.

I asked why I need photo ID badges when I have a station membership card as well as an EMS ID/badge from the state.

She said it's so that in case of a terrorist incident or state of emergecy, I can have clearence to get into the scene.

Anyone heard of this before?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

obxprnstar
01-11-2005, 08:26
Where I work FT and PT we have Photo ID's issued by the county. One is as a County Paramedic, the other is as a Town Firefighter. In states of emergency this ID allows me to go pretty much where I want when I want. IE our county was closed yast year for about five days after the Hurricane hit. There was a checkpoint just before the far side of the bridge, and unless you worked for NC Power, were a cop, a firefighter or a medic, you didn't get in. Then every town had a checkpoint to keep those that didn't evacuate from being able to loot, etc.

Over all, they are a pretty good idea.

N2DFire
01-11-2005, 13:26
Same here - All Public Safety (Fire / EMS) personnel are required to have a County Public Safety Picture ID Card/Tag.

The same reasoning was given - these will be our "All Access Pass" in the event of "The Big One".

TerraMedicX
01-14-2005, 23:50
Yup...about the same here. Our county just issued these, but they're taking it a step further. Now on ALL Fire/EMS scenes in the county if you do not have one of these visible, you can be thrown off scene. I'm not sure why they're going quite that far, but I guess it works.

Nate.

emt1581
01-15-2005, 02:55
As for why they are doing it, I've heard it's because of what happened on 9/11.

People were coming out of the woodwork with fake badges (NYPD, EMS, NYFD, etc) and claiming to be who they were not just to feel important I guess.

Anywho...this is what I was told...plus you don't want a terrorist poking around the scene now do you?;b

-Emt1581

PDogSniper
01-18-2005, 11:08
This is most deffinately a terrorist related issue. I work security in a Nuke plant and at the main gate we have photo ID's of all the potential responders to our place. If your pic aint there you don't get access...

Edge
01-26-2005, 19:03
It is for scene control and a good idea for security and safety purposes.