New pup [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New pup

USPcompact
01-11-2005, 20:06
This is Cabela after her first hunting excursion this past Saturday. She is 9 weeks old today.

jtshombre
01-11-2005, 20:11
Fine looking pup, and she looks right at home with those geese and that duck. May you both have many an adventure afield for many years to come, take care,

CanyonMan
01-12-2005, 08:08
Good looking pup!
I bought a Choc Lab, this past Sunday, (six weeks old).

CanyonMan

stk10767
01-14-2005, 05:16
Little Pooch-Pooch!

I have a new wallpaper, thanks!

TJC
01-14-2005, 18:39
Good looking pup showing a lot of restraint. My 2.5 year old DD would be chewing on those birds. ;Q

Sundog
01-14-2005, 19:24
That is a good looking dog! I have a 4 year old black Lab, and I regret that I had her spayed and never bred her. She has a terrific bloodline, and carries all three colors in her genes.

Here she is at about one year:

http://www.working-retriever.com/photos/mhabby.jpg

Wet Dog
01-15-2005, 21:45
Great looking dogs. That pup picture is great!

I have a 7 year old chocolate now. Absolutely the best dog I've ever had and I've had 5 good ones. She thinks she's in heaven whenever she's wet. Rugged and very low maintenance.

nyredneck
01-15-2005, 22:31
Good looking pup! I love that name, Cabela! Gonna name the next one Basspro or Redhead!;f Sorry couldn't resist!

TJC
01-16-2005, 19:24
OK, since this is turning into a puppy pic thread, here is Reba. She's a Deutsch Drahthaar, 2.5 years old. This was Sat on a pheasant hunt. She's locked up solid on a hen that was about 4' away from her. It eventually ended up in my vest when I was done taking pics. LOL

duncan
01-19-2005, 23:48
Great looking dogs!

I miss my hunting lab in Ohio. At eight weeks, she was running after birds and hitting the water hard!

Here is my current dog. I could train her to retrieve but she's so agile, the agility trials may be what she digs:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/902492/delaney-small.jpg

She's part golden retriever and part poodle. A real chick magnet too.

She knows a good dozen commands at 6 months too.

Love her!

shrpshtr
01-29-2005, 23:48
y'all with the chocolate labs need to be careful...this is what they turn into...;).

btw, i really like that puppy pic with the goose. sharp.

http://www.e-fowlers.com/images/hunterpisgah.jpg

http://www.e-fowlers.com/images/hunter1.jpg

quinnt
01-30-2005, 12:20
nice dogs everyone

my grandparents have a chocolate lab
he's awesome
slowed down alot in the ast 2 years thought
arthritis,tearing a tendon in its back leg, and runnign into the side of a truck doin 40mph

CanyonMan
01-30-2005, 13:11
y'all with the chocolate labs need to be careful...this is what they turn into...

Man, that is exactly what i am hoping for! :cool:
This will make our second chocolate lab, but, this one is being "house broke," the other was an out door only dog. I am finding out just how much Labs love to chew up everything in the house!

This one has the makings of a fine hunter though, if i can get my daughter do do sme pics i'll post 'em.

Fine looking Lab in the pic above...All of them are!

Take care of those dogs boys.

CanyonMan

duncan
01-30-2005, 16:00
Originally posted by CanyonMan
Man, that is exactly what i am hoping for! :cool:
This will make our second chocolate lab, but, this one is being "house broke," the other was an out door only dog. I am finding out just how much Labs love to chew up everything in the house!
CanyonMan

All you can do with indoor dogs is have a ton of chew toys that are theirs alone.

After a couple of obedience class, my girl "knows" that if I grunt at her, to stop whatever she does. Drives my wife crazy because it was "suppposed" to be her dog - she picked her.

But just some basic training and even mouthy dogs line up!

CanyonMan
01-31-2005, 22:38
All you can do with indoor dogs is have a ton of chew toys that are theirs alone.

I hear ya duncan. Man our floor is covered with 'chew toys,' yet he finds something else, (usually belonging to my wife), to chew on!

I even hung a small rope from one of the big wooden beams that run across our ceiling and allowed it to hang aboub 5" off the floor with a knot in the end. Man he goes wild on that one. The training is going well though, and he really is learning fast, but he is like a handful of bees on 'rocket fuel' for now. ;g

Now we start on the gun "bang" training.

Later

CanyonMan