Disappearing bookmark toolbar in Firefox [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing bookmark toolbar in Firefox

hwyhobo
01-15-2005, 21:05
I've started experiencing a strange problem with Firefox 1.0. After running it for a while, the bookmark toolbar disappears replaced by a small set of double arrows that when clicked opens the same toolbar as a vertical menu. When I exit the browser and open it again, everything is fine. I've googled, but haven't found anything (admittedly, I have not spent a lot of time searching yet). The OS is Win2000 Pro. I have not seen this problem in previous releases.

Any ideas?

fastvfr
01-15-2005, 21:53
Well, I have only seen this once before, but is was on XP and was an earlier (0.9?) version; at any rate, a reinstallation fixed it.

Personally, I use a hardened copy of Mozilla Suite 1.3 to browse with.

Try the reinstall and see if that does it. If not, let us know and we'll try to help.

Good luck!

echo99
01-18-2005, 07:46
Originally posted by hwyhobo
I've started experiencing a strange problem with Firefox 1.0. After running it for a while, the bookmark toolbar disappears replaced by a small set of double arrows that when clicked opens the same toolbar as a vertical menu. When I exit the browser and open it again, everything is fine. I've googled, but haven't found anything (admittedly, I have not spent a lot of time searching yet). The OS is Win2000 Pro. I have not seen this problem in previous releases.

Any ideas?

Get the spam remover. I have firefox, and lotz of weird things have happened. I bought spy sweeper from best buy and it takes care of BS problems.

E.Ritz
01-18-2005, 09:08
I believe that a keyboard short cut does that. I don't know what it is, but it's happened to me a few times when the kids have hit the keyboard.