outlook ... grrrr [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : outlook ... grrrr

Clyde in CO
01-16-2005, 08:00
dag nabbit.

all the emails from the last year have up and dissapeared.

opened outlook, local folders were missing.

couldn't find them, so I went to my backup.

anybody have any sugesstions on where/how to search for lost local folders?

NetNinja
01-17-2005, 19:28
More details please.

Outlook or Outlook Express?

Does Outlook connect to an Exchange server?

If it does then your network admin has it setup to clean up your sent items and such at the end of the year. you may be SOL.

Make sure you are able to view hidden files.

You may have to go into C:/Documents and Settings/Username/Application Data/Microsoft/Outlook.

See what's in there.

David_G17
01-17-2005, 19:50
try installing something like thunderbird.

use the automatic import feature to try and find your e-mails.

then use thunderbird from now on ;)

Clyde in CO
01-18-2005, 02:40
I'm on outlook express, no exchange server, POP3. no admin to complain to, just myself~

I went into app data, nothing there. around the same time I got a virus thru java, and I think it killed my email.

system was running 98se, but I had been using firefox as my browser and therefore wasn't getting the security patches thru explorer.

good news is I had installed thunderbird and imported my messages, so I only lost about the last two months.

ah well..... my new system is up and running now so it's all good.

Clyde in CO
01-18-2005, 03:19
well this bites,

as soon as I posted and said my new system was working, it quit.

it turns on, seems like it's working but no signal to the monitor.

then, the power button on the front won't turn it off like normal, it just stays on and I have to kill power to get it to turn off.

it was working fine until tonight when I moved it into my room where the computer is supposed to go, and then it worked in there for a couple of hours.

it was on and working, I went to set up my old pc on the table outside, I came back and the monitor was off, light blinking like there was no signal. checked the monitor connections, they are ok.

2am... going to bed going to sleep on this and try again tomorrow. building this pc has really been a pain in the ass.

Glocker74
01-20-2005, 06:36
Can anyone tell me how to copy my sent/delete folders to a disk or cd? Outlook Express...tried the tools menu, can't figure it out. :)