WTF is up with the supply of PS2's??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : WTF is up with the supply of PS2's???

Zulu Alpha
01-18-2005, 19:17
For Christmas I decided I wanted a PS2 and everywhere I went (except for the price gouging sites that have them for $300+) they seem to be out of stock. I have heard everything from Sony being on strike, to a shortage of PS2's, and every other excuse in the book ;Q Obviously SOMETHING is going on. Just wondering if any of ya'll know anything about WTF is going on???

Well at least I got Ghost Recon 2 and Medal of Honor: Frontline (loved the origional on PS) so when I finally get one I will have some cool games to play. Of course by the time the PS2's come back on the market, Ghost Recon 2 will be on the Greatest Hits and for a whole heck of alot less than what I paid ;P TIA

fastvfr
01-18-2005, 23:01
The law of supply & demand.

The higher the demand the higher the price. Basic economics!

But then it is a leadpipe cinch that Sony will not ship their entire production until they lower the price for the first time in a blatant attempt to eke every last cent from their victims - er...customers.

ATI is doing this with their X800 series video cards, and nVidia is doing it too, since their 6800GT's are MSRP'ed at $399, yet I can't seem to find one for under $430 anywhere. They are charging $30 just for DoomIII, when practically everyone who will ever played it already owns it! ;Q ;g

Ditto ATI and their HL2 coupons...;P

So I guess it's just another one of those things we have to learn to deal with...I deal with it by voting with my bankroll, personally. I'll never buy another overpriced POS console again as long as I live!!

Glockman67
01-19-2005, 13:50
Which PS2 where you planning on getting?

You should have no trouble finding the $150 original at any local big box e-store.

The $150 "slim" PS2 version OTOH, is a bit harder to find. For some bizarre reason, Sony decided to only make a limited batch for the XMAS season. In a few more weeks, the supply will be back up, but then again, when that happens, you'll want the PSP.

;)

gman67