Itronix Go books [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Itronix Go books

lwt210
01-19-2005, 18:14
We have these here at work and they have just now installed them about six months ago after sitting in a closet for three years. But that is another story.....

.....we are having beaucoup problems with these things. A buddy of mine had his dump all the physical memory and he lost all his data. He is having to start all over now.

This has happened with several of our Go books and I am on my second one due to mouse pad problems and keyboard problems. Now, my keyboard space bar key is starting to stick down and is a real PITA.

These are supposed to be cop proof, magnesium cases, waterproof, shock proof....and all that jazz. Yet, we are constantly locking the things up due to the 128 meg of RAM and 800 meg Celeron processors.

I can't run three programs at once like I can at home on my regular ol' notebook.

What is the deal with these things? I have been told that Panasonic Toughbooks are the way to go when it comes to cop notebooks that can take a beating.

Anyone familiar with Itronix? Are they okay or are they junk?

NetNinja
01-19-2005, 21:45
From the lack of replies I would say, I have never heard of those welfare machines.

128MB and 800MHZ processors are not bad.

What's the OS? Windows 98?

Well the cases are probably really nice and they can take a beating. That's kind of like having a Crown Victoria but with a 6 cylinder engine.

If you can get the laptop on a high speed network I cam remote in and take a look at it for you.

Just PM me and i'll give you the details.