IE visual problem [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : IE visual problem

STORMIN29
01-20-2005, 10:17
When I click the IE icon to load the homepage, the blue header bar is the only thing that I can see after it loads. Where the rest of the homepage would be is not there and I am looking at my desktop. I can load and see the internet and homepage if I load it through My Computer and it runs normally. I have contacted my local provider and also Microsoft to no avail. I contacted E Machines and they gave me a list of internet fixes but none work. Anyone have any ideas why this would suddenly happen? Running XP home and SP1, deleted SP2 awhile back as there were too many issues. Thanks in advance.I am also having problems seeing attachment photos such as are on this forum, header bar but nothing below that.

Toyman
01-20-2005, 11:43
Spyware or Misbehaving Browser helper Object.

fastvfr
01-20-2005, 14:20
Open the Control Panel and go to Add & Remove. Act like you are going to uninstall IE, but since it won't let you it will give you the ability to repair it.

Then, once it is finished, use it one last time to download MOZILLA or FIREFOX and quit running Internet Exploiter.

You'll be glad you did.

David_G17
01-20-2005, 14:24
Originally posted by fastvfr

Then, once it is finished, use it one last time to download MOZILLA or FIREFOX and quit running Internet Exploiter.

it's needed to update windows.

DeadMansLife
01-20-2005, 14:38
I recall seeing a hack that allowed FF to update windows. Can't remember but if I find it again I'll post it.

Washington,D.C.
01-20-2005, 15:12
http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=332973

STORMIN29
01-20-2005, 15:35
Washington, DC
My problem won't let me see your your link, all I am getting is the blue header. Thanks, anyway. Could I need a new Network Interface Card?

Washington,D.C.
01-20-2005, 15:39
If it's connected right now I doubt it's the network card.I have had network card problems before though.Mostly driver problems.But I doubt that would mess with IE.

Washington,D.C.
01-20-2005, 15:45
Can you copy and paste the link instead of clicking on it?It has good instructions for reinstalling IE.

Washington,D.C.
01-20-2005, 15:47
Sorry that thread has other libnks for that here is the one http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q318378 If it doesn't work it's on Microsoft's site and the title is "How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP"